Opinions On A Jube 2555x Through 1 Creamback.. (?)

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by Ikaros, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Ikaros

Ikaros Member

Hello everyone!! First of all I'd like to apologise in advance if this is gonna be a stupid question, but I'm a total newbie with amps, so I'm looking for opinions/advice from you guys who know better :)

To the point...

I've got a DSL15c with a 65w Creamback in it. I really like it now (in comparison with how it sounded before); but lately I've been really digging the sound of the jubilees (from what I hear from youtube, since they don't have them in stores nearby to try them out...)

I started saving for a 2525c (bedroom warrior here :p ) but recently came across a used 2555x for 700eur (vs 900eur for a new 2525c), in mint condition, basically like new.

My question is:
    Would it be better/is it possible to get the 2555x and run it throught the Creamback that's inside the dsl? (the 2555x being turned down to the 50w mode). Or save some more and get the 2525c?

What do you guys think? (and again sorry if all this sound/is dumb; hope you understand :$ )

Ps- Some people say, a higher wattage amp would still sound better in low volumes than a turned up lower wattage amp. Is that true?

If I go through the 2555x road, there is a potential of getting a 4x12 cab some time later (playing medium to loud shouldn't be a problem for at least an hour a day)

2. Kinkless Tetrode

Kinkless Tetrode Well-Known Member

Just run it in 1/2 power or use low master settings in high power until you can get a higher rated cab. If you can get a 2555 for a good price don't pass on it. Get it.

A higher wattage amp will push more bottom end even at lower volume in my experience. With some amps you need to crank em but the Jubilee still sounds good enough at moderate volume and even better cranked up.

The 65 watt CB has a db rating of 97 which helps you control the volume.

1/2 power on the 100 watt Jube is triode, but on the Jubilee this can be a cool sound for some old school lead tones and some say for old EVH.

Mystic38 and Ikaros like this.
  3. Kinkless Tetrode

Kinkless Tetrode Well-Known Member

Jubilees love the Marshall version of the Vintage 30. A 2x12 with those down the road will handle the 100 watt amp. And of course a 4x12 is even better.

Ikaros likes this.
  4. Ikaros

Ikaros Member

Thank you very much!!! Really appreciate the feedback :)

tce63 likes this.