Opinions about this amp please.

marshalled

Reaction score
For conditions the price is HIGH.

In italy for 1500eu you can buy half stack 2210 or 2203 (head + cab) in good or excellent conditions

Goober23

Reaction score

View attachment 110670

Thanks.
Had a mint one disliked it (doesn't mean it wasn't a great amp) couldnt unload it fast enough. Traded it and a 1975 Marshall 4x12 both in great looking and playing shape) for a 1969 walnut vaneer Ludwig drum kit for my son

pulsonicsound

Reaction score
I'd say the price is average in todays market, maybe a little on the steep side but factoring in the cab makes the price more reasonable, thats a Laney cab btw, period correct for the head.

V-man

Reaction score
I already gave my opinion on the amp (which is dependent on some unsettled unknowns). For those quick to shit on the 2205/10 circuit, we have had ample evidence of their tone (David Hopkins AKA New Religion showed off their capabilities for years here).

There was a channel bleed issue on earlier circuits, which was corrected on later models and (IIRC) addressable via a tech on what would be a prudent and mandatory service of any new-old Marshall that lacks records of a recent servicing.

As for the amp, the likelihood of a 2205x/2210x is near-nil, and these are sought after by the metal community. That’s intrinsic value when a 2203/2204 buyer can choose from a vintage JMP/JCM, a 2203x, a Studio Classic, or a number of clone/kit builders, whereas the 2205/2210 crowd is stuck choosing from what’s left of those 1980s JCMs, and nothing else.

Given the condition and certain issues currently unknown, the amp may turn out not being worth half of the price (or perhaps maybe it is worthwhile in the ballpark of negotiation) but the circuit itself has more value than what some ppl in this thread suggest, notwithstanding their personal reception of the circuit for their uses/needs.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
So I sent that jerk off a message on the 2nd and I've yet to hear anything back. WTF is wrong with people around here? This happens all the time.

I checked the link just now and the listing has been removed. Who knows if it sold or dude gave up.