Opinions about this amp please.

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but price seems a bit high for condition.
If he's "throwing in" that cab for free, the speakers may make the deal more attractive.
I'm not a fan of the road worn amp look, and that amp needs some cosmetic work.
Here's some recent Reverb sale prices - not the wishful thinking listing prices.
1656584826303.png

RCM 800

Reaction score
that thing has been rode hard and put away wet. The cab might be worth $200. I wouldnt offer more than $1200 after hearing and making sure it works. Who the F lays their cigarettes on top of the amp? Looks like it has either been in a damp environment or someone spilled something all over it. Looks like it was all stored out uncovered in a barn.

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
At least the pics honestly show the condition, as opposed to polishing up a turd! Kinda wishful thinking and limiting the audience on "local pickup only" given that he's in the middle of as close as you can get to nowhere/bumfukt egypt! Having spent most of my life in Syracuse, NY, I'd say that would be an enjoyable little one or two day road trip into one of the most beautiful and picturesque areas of New York. If you had the time for it!
Just Thinkin'
Gene

V-man

Reaction score
In clean shape that would actually be a steal for an original red-tolex channel-switcher half stack in today’s market. In that shape, there are some unknowns that make the asking price reasonable or high.

1. Condition of the amp itself. What does the chassis look like inside? Is there significant corrosion to match the poor condition of the cab(s) or is it stable? Are there mods (a 50/50 with how used it appears to be). Is it playable (properly? Scratchy pots, etc).

2. Speaker cab. Is it an actual Marshall 1936/1960 cab in matching red tolex? Condition of the tolex/baffle/speakers? Are all 2 or 4 speakers working? What speakers?

IMO it is definitely worth a 30 min drive assuming you can get some satisfactory preliminary questions, and have an agreement you can poke around in the back and play the amp.

SLA

Reaction score
Hade one of them long time ago..non of the channels sound any good and some have problem withthe channels bleeding over to eachother..
old enough to need an service..wich could cost you..

EADGBE

Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt to try it. But it may need work. Who knows? If it still works after all of that abuse maybe it's a good amp? Personally it's a little too much worn looking for me. I mean it may be a money pit.

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
That model was my first Marshall around those years. Long time ago to remember too much detail but the clean channel made a great base for effects and rack gear which is what i used it for mostly. It'd get loud but it stayed clean.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
It's worth what someone will pay for it. Some people are crazy, but I personally would not pay $1500 for that amp & cab (no offense).

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 110670

Thanks.
The question is, what's it worth to you?
That's its current value.
If you want it, make an offer that you can live with.
Seller can accept or you can walk away.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
$1500.00 in such poor condition? Who does he think he is, Guitar Center??

But seriously, I had a 2210 for several years. It's a "good" amp with pedals in front. The clean sucks donkey balls in my opinion, and the reverb is barely noticeable, even all the way up.

I didn't dislike it, per se, but I ultimately got rid of it because I was tired of having to use pedals to get my sound and moved to Line 6 gear. Line 6 started sucking out loud in the mid-2000's and I've since come back home to tubes.

This was mine. I *think* it was an '89 model if I remember correctly.

Marshall1.jpg