Seven Seven Seven
VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP. :sad:

iu

1659988720043.png

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Same here. Grease is everything I hate...except ONJ. I'd have loved to grease HER up!

Maybe the thing that sucks most about getting old is watching your heroes grow old and die while you can still see them right there in a movie, looking as young and healthy now as they ever did. It messes with the mind. How can that 25 year old fine young lass be 73 and dead? Doesn't seem right.

Every great comic actor of my childhood is dead. And they were the funniest sons of guns who ever lived, at least to me. The whole Rat Pack. Sammy Davis Jr. Dean Martin. Buddy Hackett. Jonathan Winters. Red Skelton. Don RIckles. Robin Williams. Rodney Dangerfield. Sam Kinison. Living without their monumental contributions to laughter makes life less interesting.

Same goes for musicians. There's not a lot of the vanguard of Rock And Roll still standing. The second wave of rock isn't the youth gone wild anymore. They're the Youth Gone To See The Doctor. They're at the age where "I don't need no doctor" is a thing of the past.
Old rockers eventually DO die...but first they lose all the tension in their G string.

That's the problem with being immortalized in film and redcorded music....only your image and songs are immortalized. The rest still gets old and sick, eventually.

I keep wondering, which place has better nightclubs, bands, and entertainment? Heaven or Hell?

Probably Hell, but none of the amps work right for very long and the air conditioning has never worked right.

If you believe in that stuff, then you can believe that either way you end up going, there will be some legends of rock and roll there to greet you, if their security will let you get anywhere near them, that is.

BlueX

Reaction score
True icon, defined a whole era. Read she battled C for 30 years, sounds very tough.

RIP Olivia!

jeffb

Reaction score
Grease?? Ick. My Wife (younger than me) remembers her for that, but not I.

I grew up listening to her on 8 TRACK - My Mom & Dad loved her music, and her early music was playing on every roadtrip in my Dad's MKIV.

There were several great songs, but this one seemed to stick with me through the years. The news hit me hard yesterday- I had the biggest crush on her. She was too young. F%^& Cancer.

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
if you guys really like her & want to trip through memory lane...

this guy has a bunch of her stuff archived on there.

I was really surprised. There's a variety show, that she did in 1980, that, surprising for TV, she was wearing the kind of stuff, that the TV personalities make faux outrage over today. Think the lingerie wearing performances, etc... on TV...

I remember when Britney wore regular tight jeans & they made a big deal, because they were tan, so the headlines said, she was wearing "nude" tights, or something... I didn't realize that Olivia was at the forefront of all of this, along w/ the '80s, because all of us, that were there, knew what they wore, or didn't, in the '80s... on TV included...

here's the 1980 TV special. Hokey, but... (go to the 3rd video, by clicking on the > 2x's)

Last edited:

Derek S

Reaction score
First big crush for me. Everyone else had those Farrah Fawcet posters on their wall and I was like umm, check out Olivia lol.

Gotta say too, she was blessed with amazing genes (not the shit that took her out, but the package on the outside)...I mean as 70+ women go, she still had "it". That last pic her husband shared of them together just days before she passed...she sure doesn't look a day over 55 let alone nearly 75.

RIP