Not exactly a Marshall but... mystery amp.

$WLABR

Reaction score
Can anyone identify this mystery 2x12 (or 4x10) combo that Clapton is using to keep warm...
I can't make out the script logo exactly. Photo is from Cream on a film shoot in Jan 1968 Denmark.

Clapton.jpeg
Clapton2.jpeg clapton3.jpeg

Last edited:

jeffb

Reaction score
Looks like Its got alnico speakers.

Top straps remind me of a Vox. Which would make sense if the amp was named Holler. Maybe something Vox ghost built.

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
I've searched all the way to the end of the innernest and not been able to find another example or any info about this amp or the brand! :agreed:
Just My :2c:,
Gene

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a Flickr article from Danmarks Rockmuseum (Danish Rock Museum, nowadays Museum Ragnarock) on Holler forstærker (Holler amplifiers). According to the article Holler was a co-operation between Svend Olaf Møller and Holberg Radio, starting 1963-64.

If this is correct, it could be a rented rig for the concerts in Denmark (or Scandinavia).

Last edited:

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score
I found a Flickr article from Danmarks Rockmuseum (Danish Rock Museum, nowadays Museum Ragnarock) on Holler forstærker (Holler amplifiers). According to the article Holler was a co-operation between Svend Olaf Møller and Holberg Radio, starting 1963-64.

If this is correct, it could be a rented rig for the concerts in Denmark (or Scandinavia).

Great detective work there @BlueX , even though the info is limited!
:applause:
Gene

Jeff West

Reaction score
Nice catch! I believe the photos are known to be Feb 5-6,1968 in Copenhagen. During the filming of a Danish movie, "On A Saturday Night". They lip-synched "World of Pain". So the amp just had to look capable, I guess.

Last edited:

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
even though the info is limited!

Together we help to add pieces to the puzzle. Seems like search engines still fail to translate. In this case, if I search for "Holler amplifier(s)" I get no useful hits. Instead when I search in Danish "Holler forstærker" I immediately found the above article. That's where a multilingual community can help.

filming of a Danish movie, "On A Saturday Night".

I didn't know this Danish movie. I was six years old when that was made. It looked exactly the same way in Sweden during those days, except that the police cars were black and white (same Volvo Amazon, though).

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This website has a little bit of info on Holler.

Musikhuse, del 2

Translation of some of the info on this website, in case anyone is interested. Corrections welcome if someone spots mistakes.

Holler amplifiers sold at Musikhjørnet (Music Corner), Strandboulevarden 108, København (Copenhagen). Family business. Production ended suddenly, not mentioned why.

PA system?
  • Speaker columns with 4 Lorenz LP 312 (12” coaxial speakers)
  • Italian Geloso 150 W amplifier (900 V at the anode)

Holler guitar amplifiers
  • 40 W with Leak (see below) tube amp. 2 x 12” Wolfdale speakers
  • 100 W with 4 x EL 34. 2 x 12” Wolfdale speakers
Preamp based on ECC tubes, with tone controls and tremolo

Holler bass amplifiers
As the guitar amps, but modified tone controls and separate speaker cabs with 15” speaker (James B. Lansing, or according to customer specification).

My note: I know about Wharfedale speakers, but cannot find anything on Wolfdale speakers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LEAK
http://www.44bx.com/leak/

Last edited:

$WLABR

Reaction score

Nice work!

Latest posts