Nope, Not Doing It Anymore.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by CraigP, May 12, 2017.

1. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Active Member

You should see some of these guys knit.

You're better off just twiddling your thumbs.

JParry335, flyinguitars and Barfly like this.
  2. Gianni

Gianni Well-Known Member

You might want to reconsider. :D

[​IMG]

JParry335, flyinguitars and kinleyd like this.
  3. flyinguitars

flyinguitars Well-Known Member

I should have said "those guys from Greece"..lol
    And coronado, jparry, dptones, guitargoalie, and the list goes on...lots of really good players with different styles. Most are really cool and willing to share all kinds of great info too.

And thanks for the nice comments!!!

zachman, The Ozzk, Gianni and 5 others like this.
  4. Gunner64

Gunner64 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Yea Coronado you've been known to post some tasty clips as well, with some damn good recording.

The Ozzk, CraigP, Barfly and 4 others like this.
  5. JParry335

JParry335 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

That's hilarious!!! But a great idea!

Um, all of it except for the big parts?!!!! LOL!!
    Ok man, here's my take. Yes, there is an incredible amount of talent here. Almost all of these guys eat my lunch when it comes to rocking out. Mike and Son, I am envious of your talent and situation! May you both be blessed and rock the *$^ out the world. My best to you both.
    Real jazz players also eat my lunch and can play me under the table any night of the week. My goal has always been to be as versatile as possible and for a long time this philosophy enabled me to survive and make a living playing music. Fast forward to today.
    I'm not playing out but would love to. Work a day job and keep posting up music to be heard by others for my own sanity.
    Listen closely now. EVERYONE BRINGS SOMETHING TO THE TABLE. There is no one here who can do what you do. Learn this and know it. No matter what your skill level is you can up your game by putting what you do out there for others to hear.
    This group of people are very open to helping others and sharing ideas, which in my opinion is what music is all about.
    No one will belittle or bash you for putting something up. Be prepared for criticism (always constructive) and have an open mind to at least consider what is offered. Just because it's offered does not mean you have to incorporate it.
    There is no one here who can do what I do. Does that make me "the best"? Not by a long shot. That makes me, me.
    We want to see who you are. Maybe YOU can help US grow.
    Come on brother. You are now an MF'er. Bring it!
    We want to hear it!!:jam:

flyinguitars, tubes, Gianni and 5 others like this.
  6. Ghostman

Ghostman Well-Known Member

Coronado has the best recordings here, imho. Bar none.

flyinguitars, JParry335 and Coronado like this.
  7. Coronado

Coronado Well-Known Member

That's like Mario Andretti telling me I'm a good driver!!! THANK YOU!!! :fever:

zachman, JParry335, Derek S and 3 others like this.
  8. Coronado

:eek: I had to read that a few times to make sure it actually said what I thought it said. Then I searched for the "just kidding!", or the "in his dreams", or something like that... I don't think I have ever been told a compliment like that - and I will ever forget it. Literally almost fell out of my chair!!

I feel like I still have a world to learn about recording. Each time I listen to different recordings, there is something I almost always really dig and try to learn from. I thought your recording was fukkin awesome - hoping we will hear some more soon!! :yesway:

Thank you Ghostman, my recordings are far from perfect, that's for sure, but I will be flying high for the next month on your incredibly kind words my friend!! :woot:

9. chiliphil1

chiliphil1 Well-Known Member

This is what I like about this guy, he gets paid a complement and then makes a long winded post about how he's not worthy and how others are just as good or better, or how he doesn't really know what he's doing.

This folks is called being humble. This guy is a master and most people today could learn a lot from him.

Btw, I agree with ghost.

10. Coronado

Thank you Gunner!! Even a blind squirrel lands a nut every now and then! :D I sure appreciate the very kind words!

I get pumped when folks post recordings or videos here on the MF. I'd love to see more of it! I honestly don't share anything with anyone outside of the MF (well, I post them on Sound Cloud, but mainly because its a great way to store and listen to them). Posting songs/clips here is a great way for me to get feedback and share and learn from respected musicians and some really great people. :yesway:

11. Coronado

Thank you brother - I truly appreciate that. In all sincerity, it must have taken a week for me to muster up the guts to post my first clip here. I've always been really good at blending in and pretty much working at not standing out or drawing too much attention. Guitar has for the most part been a therapeutic necessity. Sharing that first song was a rather big step - there are SO many talented people here, it was intimidating to say the least. I watch/listen to the clips on this forum and I think how the HELL does he make it look so easy? Or, how does he play that whole damn song and not make one mistake?!?! (I must play a solo 50 times on a recording before I get it somewhat right). Between the incredible talent of folks here, their knowledge of amps and guitars, their experience, or even just some really incredible gear... I find myself being humbled on a daily basis! :cheers: Thanks again my friend!!

12. Ghostman

Ghostman Well-Known Member

No problem man. Probably the easiest opinion I've ever given here. Keep it up. :cheers:

flyinguitars and JParry335 like this.
  13. JParry335

Agreed!
    And this! Ray, you're a cool cat. But you need to post some more up and speaking of.........
    OP! You're up man! Can't wait to hear you.

CraigP and Coronado like this.
  14. The Ozzk

The Ozzk Well-Known Member

I sure am glad you post your clips brother. Tasty chops fo sho! :agreed:

Your playing abilities and recording are superb, but that goes without saying. :yesway:

JParry335 and Coronado like this.
  15. Coronado

Wow, that is amazingly kind of you to say! Thank you! I'm actually working on 2 songs right now - one is just about done, and the other is kind of just taking shape. I'd sure love to get your thoughts! I'll finish it up this coming weekend and post. Thank you!!

CraigP and JParry335 like this.
  16. Coronado

You are a kind man my friend! Cant tell you how much I appreciate that! I do feel like I have a world to still learn about recording, editing, mastering, etc.... Would I wouldn't give to spend some time with a producer (or whatever they call that guy who does all the recording and editing) to learn! :yesway::D

JParry335 and The Ozzk like this.
  17. chuckharmonjr

chuckharmonjr Well-Known Member

About as far south in Alabama as you can go withou
    Definitely tons of talent here in this fine forum. Damn, it would be awesome if we could get together one day and have a massive jam session.

18. Coronado

Oh MAN! Could you imagine?! How COOL would that be! :yesway:

JParry335 and chuckharmonjr like this.
  19. tubes

tubes Well-Known Member

You deployed a lot of truth there JP.

Also, I hope that you don't underestimate yourself.
    For one thing...
    > There is no one here who can do what I do...
    This rings true to me. Seems to me you are willing to enter into any genre and when you enter in you FIT in. THAT is being a musician.

> My goal has always been to be as versatile as possible....
    Yeah, I can tell. And you are extremely good at it.
    I can also tell that in some genres you don't play as if this your own genre.
    Yeah, sometimes you don't sound like you have loved this type of music since you were three years old, to the exclusion of all other influences.

So........ in my thinking there exists an ambivalence for some of us.
    We know that it's good to be versatile but we also know that a lot of good music comes from people who have only ever had ONE main interest.

I have my own problems with this as far as reggae is concerned.

(Our rhythm section loves reggae and they groove when everybody is relaxed. But I myself did not grow up loving reggae above all else. Should I even be in this band? I dunno. Let's give it another twenty years.)

____

Meanwhile, to get back to OP....

Personally I love to haunt The Cellar here.
    These days I would rather listen to whatever is in The Cellar than listen to commercially produced music.

Anything I hear in the cellar could cause me to think that I don't know squat about amps, nor about guitars, nor about recording, nor about gigging... still wanting to listen.

CraigP and JParry335 like this.
  20. JParry335

Hell yeah! I would love this!

Thanks so much for the very kind words Sir! Yes, a lot of good music comes from people who have only ever had ONE main interest. I completely agree! In some ways I wish I were in that group. Perhaps I would be better at SOMETHING than I am at everything, but I am easily distracted and enjoy variety.
    I too, love to haunt the Cellar for the same reasons you do.
    For reggae, I love it. Some day I may have to venture there and see what I can do. I say if you're there, enjoy it. Doesn't mean you have to live there forever. If it ceases to amuse, entertain or bring enjoyment, move on.
    Take care my good man!

Last statement removed. Not trying to be an asshat or make anyone uncomfortable. :cheers:

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    tubes likes this.