NLPD - '15 Les Paul Traditional Classic ABR

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
I bought a player grade white LP Studio earlier this summer, otherwise, this is my first proper Les Paul and I've waited many many years. Also, paid for it with Summer gig money :)

It was listed as a Traditional, but it's more like a Classic, but having some Traditional specs. This was a Sam Ash limited run in 2015. I got it for a real deal and it arrived yesterday. I never knew these existed before this past week,,,I guess 2015 wasn't a complete dumpster fire for Gibson.

Some specs..
The finish is Ice Tea on this plain top.
Neck Shape: 60’s Slim Taper
Nut Type: Graph Tech
Finish: All nitrocellulose lacquer (top, back and sides)
Hardware: Nickel
Bridge: Nickel Non-Wire ABR
Electronics: Hand wired 2 Volume 2 Tone with orange drops (no coil tap)
Bridge & Neck Pickups: 57 Classic, nickel
The G-Force system had been replaced with Grovers and stored away in the case.

sm j3qzve3gonxsqq1wcte5.jpg

Attachments

• sm qxgbikjz4tmyj9acvbgv.jpg
    sm qxgbikjz4tmyj9acvbgv.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 7
  • sm ty7mdi7svodzlaqfxtcu.jpg
    sm ty7mdi7svodzlaqfxtcu.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 7
  • sm drdxfa9fiiy3kqx2erep.jpg
    sm drdxfa9fiiy3kqx2erep.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 6

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
HLPD, that is a beauty! Always liked the plain tops.
Thanks, the plain tops are getting a little more favor with me too. So much flamey, quilty, blingy out there these days.

Nice score, HNGD!
Ice tea & cream is a classic look.
Leave the robos in the case.
Yeah, the robos aren't even in the case anymore, they're in a cabinet in the basement so I don't have to carry them around

jmp45

Reaction score
Thanks, the plain tops are getting a little more favor with me too. So much flamey, quilty, blingy out there these days.

Agree, I'm favoring the plain tops these days. My 2012 Traditional has some flame but it changes in the light. Some angles not so much. Subtle flame is ok.

2012_Traditional_3_zpslxh66kdi.jpg

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
I bought a player grade white LP Studio earlier this summer, otherwise, this is my first proper Les Paul and I've waited many many years. Also, paid for it with Summer gig money :)

It was listed as a Traditional, but it's more like a Classic, but having some Traditional specs. This was a Sam Ash limited run in 2015. I got it for a real deal and it arrived yesterday. I never knew these existed before this past week,,,I guess 2015 wasn't a complete dumpster fire for Gibson.

Some specs..

View attachment 95500

Nice dark fretboard. Is it ebony?

Marshall Stack

Reaction score

Some specs..

View attachment 95500
Pretty much have everything I want on a Les Paul. Congrats...

joe_cpwe

Reaction score
Congrats! She's a beauty!
thanks!

Pretty much have everything I want on a Les Paul. Congrats...
After playing Les Paul's and looking at many, many, online for a long time I was glad to have come across this model last week. I was real glad that this particular one had a price drop and caught my eye, because it was listed as a Traditional....and it really is not a Traditional.

BTW, there are two for sale on Reverb right now. I was 90% ready to buy the one in Texas but happened to find the one I bought through a geographic search I'd saved on Reverb. Ironically, on Facebook Marketplace I'd offered to trade an Ibanez + $$ for this Les Paul I'd bought just a few days ago but it wasn't until I learned about this ABR model that I figured out what this seller really had.

Mine was a cheaper than current listings, I think, because it came with an SKB TSA case, not a Gibson and he got motivated to sell it. I would have needed an SKB case anyway because I wouldn't have liked dragging a pretty Gibson around to gigs.

Wildeman

Reaction score
Looks great:cheers:, i heard they let a good one through every once in a while, just to keep us on our toes:thumb: