NGD/Review: Fender 75th Anniversary USA Tele

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by GuitarIV, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Heiko Jakob

Heiko Jakob Active Member

I made my purchase decision for the Anniversary model only by a few requirements that match my definition of a perfect Tele:
    Must be a Fender
    Ash body
    Maple neck
    2 single coils
    rolled neck edges
    locking tuners.

The cheapest Tele i could find with this specs was the commemorative anniversary model which was 400€ cheaper then the next match, that was the Ultra Luxe.

GuitarIV likes this.
  2. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

I've had some serious Telly's but, damn, i have a Squier Affinity now, well, everything is changed but the wood basically but it sees the most action out of all atm.

GuitarIV likes this.
  3. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

Yeah I shielded mine, put Seymour Ducan Alnico II pickups and CTS pots and Switchcraft jack and switch. I used to love the narrow fretboard but now my fingers have gotten fat so I need a wider neck now so I can play clean arpeggios.

GuitarIV likes this.
  4. GuitarIV

GuitarIV Well-Known Member

My local store didn't have any of the American Standards unfortunately. I guess the nitro finish is the one thing that makes the biggest difference, together with the more old school specs. I have learned however that the finish is not always a crucial thing, I had poly guitars that resonated like crazy (my Orville LP is one of those) and others that felt like a dead piece of wood. Also played some Maybachs (those all have nitro finishes) and only one out of 3 was a winner.

5. BlueX

BlueX Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Thanks for the proper review, and all the pictures! I really like the look of this Tele. Nice to hear that you like how it plays and sounds.

Current availability at Thomann: "In some months"!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    GuitarIV likes this.
  6. Heiko Jakob

Heiko Jakob Active Member

All US guitar manufacturers struggle with the covid induced high demand (people sit at home and buy guitars to dilute time) and short supply of global sourced componenets from guitar cases to tuners and even wood ... i ordered a Gibson explorer case and it took 11 month to get delivered ...

7. PaulHikeS2

PaulHikeS2 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

That's a great Tele - congrats! I have a player Tele that I love the looks and tone, but don't like the neck. I may try one of those out.

GuitarIV likes this.
  8. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

Right on.
    What's a arpeggios?:cool: