NGD - Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1968 Stratocaster Ritchie Blackmore Artist Edition

guzzis3

Reaction score
2 things.

Guitars and amp are cheap in the scheme of things. I've spent much more than that on motorcycles I never ride. Also it'll probably appreciate anyway so the money doesn't matter. If it makes you happy it's a bargain.

Didn't Mr Blackmore drop the middle pickup right down ? All those pickups look low in the pics but the middle looks like it's about as high as the neck pup.

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score
Thanks for your set up info . Nice that it is not a dummy pickup in the middle . Maxon 808 OD is a righteous overdrive . I know the Abby pickups are very well regarded and are going for a good buck as well and she knows tone/mojo for sure and all the history at her fingertips as well . I also like the floating bridge as well as I can do some palm dives . Friedman makes good amps for sure . Thanks for your helpful answers and Rock out and enjoy that beautiful Stratocaster !

Thanks. The more I play it the more I get the love of Abigail. They sound much better than the stock pickups in my 74....which btw do sound great.

Thanks for the photos DPF.
Don't know anything 'bout Ritchie's guitars but that thar is a fine lookin' "Blackie" and that, my friend, is righteous.
Let the good times roll DPF.
BP

Much appreciated!

2 things.

Guitars and amp are cheap in the scheme of things. I've spent much more than that on motorcycles I never ride. Also it'll probably appreciate anyway so the money doesn't matter. If it makes you happy it's a bargain.

Didn't Mr Blackmore drop the middle pickup right down ? All those pickups look low in the pics but the middle looks like it's about as high as the neck pup.

I get the motorcycle thing. I’ve got a 2007 Harley with 500 miles on it I bought from a pissed off wife. She insisted on the bike in the divorce and sold it to me for $3k. I loved it until this blonde chic nearly killed me. Cut me off on a beautiful summer day. Me and my bike were sliding, or rolling, down the street, And as I stopped and I looked up I saw these beautiful blue eyes in her rear view mirror....as she theN quickly sped off and fled the scene. I will say this...other than a few scrapes, the Harley is bullet proof. But it sits in my garage.

On the guitar, this was before Ritchie started scalloping his guitars and removing the middle pickup. The set up is very standard. The trem bar is his design. The magic is really in the instrument.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
From what I've All ways heard...atleast the rainbow era blsckmore instruments had there pickups rewound by dawk sound in Ithaca ny.....i think he also used schecter pups at one point...the big pole ones like the SD quarter pounders.

OdgeUK

Reaction score
Score! This is my dream Strat! I had to buy a Highway One Strat because that was the only non-custom shop offering from Fender that has the CBS headstock and comes in black (with black inlays and black headstock logo) with a maple fingerboard! Shame Fender don’t offer a 68 style USA standard. I’m on the hunt for pickups which will sound more Blackmore, leaning towards the Gillmour configuration of SSL-1’s and an SSL-5 but open to ideas!

Latest posts