NGD Charvel San Dimas

RCM 800

Reaction score
Saw this pop up on FB today for $550 and immediately messaged him I wanted it. Have wanted a guitar logo Charvel pretty much my whole guitar playing life. Not sure on the year. Owner said 90's but Im pretty sure this is newer than that. Its a MIM Charvel San Dimas (I think).

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
Nice geetar 😍
Had a Japanese san dimas from 2012 ish maybe bit before or after I forget now. I didn’t think Mexican ones came about till after 2017? Maybe they always did there along side the Japanese ones.
Still almost same as mine was.

Derek S

Reaction score
Very nice, congrats! Definitely a recent MIM San Dimas model but who cares, they have a solid build quality (I have one myself and it's on par with my US Dimas).

HNGD!

RCM 800

Reaction score
Very nice, congrats! Definitely a recent MIM San Dimas model but who cares, they have a solid build quality (I have one myself and it's on par with my US Dimas).

HNGD!
yea the neck is flawless (though a little playing wear) and the fretwork is perfect. I could never wrap my mind around $1k for a MIM guitar but its definitely worth $550 lol. Has real duncans and floyd so that almost makes the purchase worth it on its own.

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
Actually looking now it’s quite different from the one I had. Mine was single volume, switch like a les paul and surface mounted floyd rose. Came with JB and jazz I think. Yours looks much more vintage in style wether it’s old or not it’s as hot as hell.
My body shape also looks bit different. I actually prefer yours!

Rozman62

Reaction score
Nice guitar. I have the same guitar 2017 MIM. The 6 pack sound is ok but I find it a bit muddy. I'll eventually tear out all the electronics and replace with better wiring/pots. I believe I paid $859 new over 4 years ago from Sweetwater.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
I (think I) have the HT version of that guitar.
Are the pups a JB & '59 set?

I love the wiring set up actually.
You can get some sweet blended split tones using the push-pull.

HNGD @RCM 800

RCM 800

Reaction score
I (think I) have the HT version of that guitar.
Are the pups a JB & '59 set?

I love the wiring set up actually.
You can get some sweet blended split tones using the push-pull.

HNGD @RCM 800
yea JB/59 (liking it) the pickups I guess split with the pull on the volume and there is some kind of lock or indent when you turn the tone pot all the way up. Not sure what that does. Not sure how the middle position is wired either. It sound kinda out of phase or maybe like the 4 position on a 5 way with singles. I need to find directions lol.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
yea JB/59 (liking it) the pickups I guess split with the pull on the volume and there is some kind of lock or indent when you turn the tone pot all the way up. Not sure what that does. Not sure how the middle position is wired either. It sound kinda out of phase or maybe like the 4 position on a 5 way with singles. I need to find directions lol.
The lock or indent on the tone knob indicates that it is a no load tone pot. Turned up all the way past the indent is like no tone pot.

The middle position is probably one coil from each pickup giving it a tele in the middle position like response.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score

RCM 800

Reaction score
The lock or indent on the tone knob indicates that it is a no load tone pot. Turned up all the way past the indent is like no tone pot.

The middle position is probably one coil from each pickup giving it a tele in the middle position like response.
yea come to think of it it does kinda sound like a tele when in the middle but more like the bridge on my teles's. Very twangy, spanky, extrememly bright, and in your face. I think this may be the most versatile guitar Ive owned. Pleasantly surprised with the pickup options.

RCM 800

Reaction score

Latest posts