NGD: 1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard

God of Thunder

Reaction score
A couple days late - but a good story here! About 10 years ago, I had a 1978 Marshall JMP and a 1998 Les Paul Standard in Cherry Burst. I decided to ask my then fiance to marry me - and to help pay for a ring, I sold both my JMP and my LP Standard. The other day, I purchased a Deluxe that I opted to keep and the day before it got here, my wife found a 98 Standard exactly like I used to have.....on Guitar Center of all places, for $1629 plus shipping. My wife suggested I purchase the guitar so I can have one exactly like I used to have and "Play it daily on your Aerosmith amp!" It arrived today, and it is immaculate. Original hardshell case, paperwork, all of it. I can't find a flaw on the guitar. Its even got a tiny amount of flame that my previous 98 didn't have. This guitar brings back so many memories to me and I can't be more thankful that the wife is still around, and I now have the guitar I loved when I was younger. It's not the same one - but its dang close!!

EQ8dojwh.jpg

keWYaUYh.jpg

WpYuAPPh.jpg

qtbL8hsh.jpg

IYbsJXjh.jpg

NdcGTGTh.jpg

0dgQcidh.jpg

it5fCujh.jpg

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
HNGD! What a nice guitar, and what a nice story. Thanks for sharing!

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good score , not a bad price . GC Used is hard to beat sometimes
Late 80s/ 90s / Early 2000s regular USA Production (non Custom Shop) Gibsons are the stuff.

RCM 800

Reaction score
nice score, they must have shoved it in a closet and forgot about it. Looks like new.

lespaul339

Reaction score
HNGD! Congrats! That's a beauty! Love the cherry burst. I also really like plain top Les Pauls over a flame top. I have both, but something about the plain top looks better to me.

als_lespaul

Reaction score
I literally own the exact same guitar. It was my first "nice" guitar ever. I scored it used on eBay in 2000 for $1150...dead mint condition. It's been with me in several bands over the years and still sounds great. So glad you got one like your old axe!

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
A couple days late - but a good story here! About 10 years ago, I had a 1978 Marshall JMP and a 1998 Les Paul Standard in Cherry Burst. I decided to ask my then fiance to marry me - and to help pay for a ring, I sold both my JMP and my LP Standard. The other day, I purchased a Deluxe that I opted to keep and the day before it got here, my wife found a 98 Standard exactly like I used to have.....on Guitar Center of all places, for $1629 plus shipping. My wife suggested I purchase the guitar so I can have one exactly like I used to have and "Play it daily on your Aerosmith amp!" It arrived today, and it is immaculate. Original hardshell case, paperwork, all of it. I can't find a flaw on the guitar. Its even got a tiny amount of flame that my previous 98 didn't have. This guitar brings back so many memories to me and I can't be more thankful that the wife is still around, and I now have the guitar I loved when I was younger. It's not the same one - but its dang close!!

EQ8dojwh.jpg

keWYaUYh.jpg

WpYuAPPh.jpg

qtbL8hsh.jpg

IYbsJXjh.jpg

NdcGTGTh.jpg

0dgQcidh.jpg

it5fCujh.jpg
That is exquisite :yesway:

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous!! Great story too.
Looka immaculate, what a find!
She is a keeper. The wife AND the guitar!!

jeffb

Reaction score
Congrats on the keeper Wife and guitar!!

Les Paul.
Marshall.
Nothing better.