New to the Forum and Marshall

Poppajon

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning all! At least it's morning here. I'm Jon and currently living in Florida. In January of this year I picked up my first guitar in almost 25 years and a Line 6 Spider V60. It didn't take long to realize I was missing some major components in the tone I was looking for. Not that it's a bad amp, it does pretty good if you're looking for a modeling amp with digital sounding tones. I will hang on to it for the features like the loop recording, drum loops, rhythm loops, ability to play songs through the aux input, etc.... What I was missing was found just a couple days ago when two large boxes showed up on my front porch containing a Marshall Orgin 50h and a Marshall MX212AR vertical cabinet. I'm completely new to owning a tube amp, and Marshall equipment in general, but there's many fond memories of hearing Marshall gear live, and being used by some of my favorite artists. I chose this particular head because of it's basic platform, and it's reputation for accepting pedals very well. I'd rather have a blank canvas that I can paint what I want on it than an amp already full of presets where most of which won't get touched. I'm absolutely in love with it so far, and I've barely scratched the surface. I welcome any advice or tips on getting the most from this amp, and in the meantime I'll be reading up on what's already available here. Thanks for having me.

Jon

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
Good morning all! At least it's morning here. I'm Jon and currently living in Florida. In January of this year I picked up my first guitar in almost 25 years and a Line 6 Spider V60. It didn't take long to realize I was missing some major components in the tone I was looking for. Not that it's a bad amp, it does pretty good if you're looking for a modeling amp with digital sounding tones. I will hang on to it for the features like the loop recording, drum loops, rhythm loops, ability to play songs through the aux input, etc.... What I was missing was found just a couple days ago when two large boxes showed up on my front porch containing a Marshall Orgin 50h and a Marshall MX212AR vertical cabinet. I'm completely new to owning a tube amp, and Marshall equipment in general, but there's many fond memories of hearing Marshall gear live, and being used by some of my favorite artists. I chose this particular head because of it's basic platform, and it's reputation for accepting pedals very well. I'd rather have a blank canvas that I can paint what I want on it than an amp already full of presets where most of which won't get touched. I'm absolutely in love with it so far, and I've barely scratched the surface. I welcome any advice or tips on getting the most from this amp, and in the meantime I'll be reading up on what's already available here. Thanks for having me.

Jon

Welcome to the forum Papa :cheers:.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score

Jon
Run as fast as you can otherwise soon you will have a collection of Marshalls, its a sickness!

Welcome to the forum! :yesway:

MrScratch

Reaction score
Hey Gang
Steffen from White Rock BC
been lurking..
current Marshall stable mates are
2525H mini Jube with matching 2/12
the grandma purse vintage looking one...
69 Plexi panel JMP
69 basket weave G12H 30 55hz pulsonic Cab
Others
Soldano SLO
Trainwreck Express
Trainwreck Trem Rocket
Victoria 45410 bassman
56 Fender Harvard
60's VTG National Bass/ Guitar amp