New Steve Vai video

junk notes

Reaction score
Which one is the lazer? I want to shoot the lazer!

steve-vai-ibanez-hydra@2000x1500.jpg

Derek S

Reaction score
Somewhere out there MAB is envious - not over the number of necks present or simultaneous playing of them...but of the actual MUSIC created alongside the flair.

Last edited:

Redguitar

Reaction score
I like some Steve Vai. He is innovative with this beast of an instrument.

But would he play that because no one else wants to jam with him, or no one else is good enough, and he can play their parts? Joking😆

XTRXTR

Reaction score
To some degree I dislike Steve Vai even though I respect his talent and skill quite a bit. I've been to two different G3 concerts and he is fantastic. but also seems a tad ego-centric. Never met him so I wouldn't know for sure. Satriani on the other hand seems very personable and easy going.

Yngvie is the extreme egotistical which comes from most virtuoso's.

Can I blame any of them for anything other than awesome talent...no!

Satriani is my favorite in terms of creative melodies.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
To some degree I dislike Steve Vai even though I respect his talent and skill quite a bit. I've been to two different G3 concerts and he is fantastic. but also seems a tad ego-centric. Never met him so I wouldn't know for sure. Satriani on the other hand seems very personable and easy going.

Yngvie is the extreme egotistical which comes from most virtuoso's.

Can I blame any of them for anything other than awesome talent...no!

Satriani is my favorite in terms of creative melodies.
I have met Steve 3 different times, and he is a unique personality. The first was after I saw the very first G3, and then two others. Overall though I found him to be genuinely touched by the admiration he recieves.

Satch is more relatable, IMHO. Eric Johnson was fairly quiet. Adriann Legg was gracious. I didn't have the nerve to aproach Robert Fripp for whatever reason, and I never met Kenny Wayne Shepard.

Mike Keneally was VERY down to Earth and genuinely flattered to be recognized. A total blast to converse with.

Those are my experiences.

XTRXTR

Reaction score
Mike Keneally was VERY down to Earth and genuinely flattered to be recognized. A total blast to converse with.
Never met hem either but potentially has more talent than Satriani. His Key boards are very creative and he plays the Guitar perhaps as good as Satriani

Latest posts