New speaker day!

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by ampeq, Jan 1, 2021.

1. 5stringsdown

5stringsdown Member

Yes it did!

2. 5stringsdown

5stringsdown Member

It was the OEM speaker.....if Victoria uses that they must be good....imho.....but honestly it was awesome in that amp......
    I recorded all the guitars in this song with that amp/speaker.

C-Grin and TXOldRedRocker like this.
  3. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

That sounded great, what amp was that? Yep, I wish I had tried the GB128 a long time ago, sure seems like a speaker I’m going to like a lot. I think it’s going to make a great speaker for my new 2202 combo amp that is coming. Soon as it’s broke in I’ll try mixing it with others.
    You might like the WGS ET65 as well, it’s similar. I just got the ET90 also but haven’t had the time to play with it much. WGS’s seem to take forever to break in.

5stringsdown likes this.
  4. 5stringsdown

5stringsdown Member

A Victoria 20112......5 watt......
    I would be interested in how you like the 65 vs the 90 and how they compare to the 128.....

5. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

Soon as I break them all in I'll post my results. So far nothing I have ever bought impressed me like that GB128, incredible value. I'll be running those 3 around until they are ready, then I'll start mixing them with each other to find out what works with what. I'm making a "speaker holder" for my 1-12" cab now to switch speakers easier.

TXOldRedRocker likes this.