New potentiometers for an early 90s AC30 TB6

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by gilded, Jun 17, 2020.

1. gilded

gilded New Member

Hi, got an early 90s Korg built AC30 top boost amp.

The potentiometers are a little dirty. I've tried cleaning them a few times. They say completely quiet for a few weeks, then start making noise again.

I think I just wanna replace them and am wondering if anybody has an opinion about what the best replacement potentiometers would be?

Thanks!

2. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

CTS in audio taper work good you can get them on eBay

3. gilded

gilded New Member

Thanks, South Park. Appreciate your advice.

I took a long look at the original pots. They are different from what I'm used to. I guess I need to look for some original replacement potentiometers. The brand is Omeg, description is: 470K, Log B, Dshaft; something like that.

Does anybody know a source for these Made in England pots?

4. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

You just have to match up the shaft length so the knobs all look the same you might want to replace all of them . Ebay and tube amp parts supply have them . Is it board mounted

5. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

You will struggle to get D-shaft type pots, you will be able to get 470k with the correct shaft diameter (measure accurately) but you may well need to cut them to length and then file a flat at the right place for your set screw to sit. This can be a real PITA and you must tape them up to avoid swarf getting into the pot either through holes in the back or down the spindle.
    If it says B that is normally designated a linear - not logarithmic pot which are A type. If they are C type that is reverse log.