New MS day!

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by DaDoc, Oct 20, 2020.

1. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Mic stand, that is!

Yeah, I know.."Mic stand? Big deal!" :wtf:

But what's cool about this one is that it came from T-Bone Burnett's studio! :cool:

I usually don't have any interest in "celeb owned" gear, I think for the most part it's overpriced nonsense. But I needed a second boom stand, and this one didn't cost any more $$ than one I would have bought in the local music store!

It's in great shape, but has obviously seen a lot of use..It IS kinda cool to wonder who might have used it..Allison Krause, Robert Plant maybe?

2. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I thought it was new Mississippi ....
    Oh, well,we'll keep workin on it .......:lol:

3. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

@DaDoc : no offense, but I, too, was thinking something else when you wrote "new MS day".

I was thinking "New Mega Sh*t day".

Even though we don't talk 'bout it much around these part, y'all have those MEGA SH*T days goin' on (ladies be hitting it, too, though they talk 'bout it even less). Just people being natural, I guess.

It be like:

Happy [​IMG]day!

DaDoc and AlvisX like this.
  4. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

These are great at saving space, fast consistent mic placement. I have 4 and they are worth it:

https://ampclamps.com/

DaDoc likes this.
  5. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

Cool, i just got a new old mic.EV 630
    Now lets see your stand. 20201021_114342.jpg

DaDoc likes this.
  6. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Very cool! :cool:

I've got to get my ass in gear and figure out how to post pics on here..I tried once before using photobucket and it wouldn't work.

7. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

No problem..I figured when I posted this thread someone would "shit" on it! :lol:

Had I been a curious and uninformed individual and clicked on a thread like this I would probably have been thinking "new Marshall Stack day" or maybe "new Marantz Stereo day, or something similar..:scratch:

But I seriously doubt I would have been thinking of doo-doo..Even if I had been in the Backstage, where doo-doo sometimes DOES become a topic of conversation! :rofl:

It's always a good thing to bear in mind that presumption is the mother of misunderstanding..:rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    MonstersOfTheMidway likes this.
  8. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

Thank you for your patience with my sad attempt at scatological humor.

I do hope that your new mic stand serves you well. A mic stand once owned by T-Bone Burnett is nothing to sh*t on; I love his work on the HBO series True Detective, Season #1.

DaDoc likes this.
  9. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

I did not know he worked on that..I'm more familiar with the work he did on stuff like the Robert Plant/Allison Krauss album "Raising Sand".

My wife got us tickets to the tour they did to support that album..And T-Bone was the guitarist in their back-up band.

What a great show! And they did "The Battle Of Evermore" together, which I was REALLY hoping they would do! Allison nailed sandy Denny's vocal parts awesomely. And T-Bone played only one guitar through the whole show, the vintage Harmony electric that he's famous for using..He got a great tone with that and a vintage tweed combo amp.

MonstersOfTheMidway likes this.