>

New marshall jmd:1

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by mhbilt, Nov 20, 2009.

1. mhbilt

mhbilt New Member

HAVE SOMEBODY HAS HEARD THE NEW MARSHALL JMD:1, 4 CHANNEL,100W, FOOT SWITCH, 4 AMP VALVES, 1 PREAMP VALVE, LOT OF PREAMP SIMULATORS, GREAT SOUND, 2 SPEAKERS (DIFFERENT EACH ONE), SOUNDS GREAT, THESSE ARE SOME PICS.........:wtf:

Attached Files:

2. Jesstaa

Jesstaa Well-Known Member

That's not a Marshall.
    Looks like a Marshall styled amp with a Marshall badge thrown on, if it were a Marshall amp there'd be something on their site about it.

3. rockinr0ll

rockinr0ll New Member

Looks like an MG :(

4. mhbilt

mhbilt New Member

We will see at NAMM..........

GEAR LIST​

Marshall 1960 cab
    Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
    PRS custom 22 artist pckg
    Gibson ES 335
    Gibson Black Beauty
    Fender Stratocaster​
    :jam:

5. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

6. badbluesplayer

badbluesplayer New Member

I have this amp and I don't think it's an MG because MG's don't have tubes (as far as i know), but this one has 4 power tubes and 1 preamp tube. These JMD series must be the new models that would come out next year and it sure sounds nice and its very versatile and cheap (I got mine for 1 grand) and it sounds way better than the MG's but be my guest everyone has their own taste when it comes to amps, I most likely prefer the color of the sound that tube amps give but I don't think this amp is entirely tube powered I think most of it as a "hybrid" between solid state and tube power amp. I used to have a peavey 5150 Eddie van Halen 150W head and this JMD surely owns it.

Mine came with a 6 channel foot switch (ch1, ch2, ch3, ch4, manual and mod) this amp let's you save up your settings in 4 different channels or you can still use the manual operation. Has 4 different modulations and modulation depth control, delay and a TAP delay tempo button and reverb.
    So I think this amp is great I really like it and the price for what I got is fairly cheap maybe i will make up a quick review of this amp and put it on youtube

7. spikei

spikei New Member

Marshall are starting to be more adventurous in there amps mainly due to the competition, i for one welcome it as an avid Marshall fan i want more versatility from there amps. bring it on.

8. Apula Mawanga

Apula Mawanga New Member

Marshall doing modeling amps? No thanks, I think I'll just stick to Plexis, Vintage Moderns and JCM 800s.

9. JohnH

JohnH Well-Known Member

This could be very juicy - Ive been hoping they would embrace modelling for years, so long as they stick to modelling their own back catalogue, it could be great. And it has a tube output section, so hopefully it will sing nicely. Imagine having a Plexi, Bluesbreaker, JCM800 anf DSL in one amp?

The trouble with the huge number of new Marshall models in the last couple of years is that just as Im thinking I'll upgrade, a new line comes onto the horizon that look like they will be worth waiting for. Guess ill just stick to my combo a while longer!

John

10. spikei

spikei New Member

i have the the new haze 40 combo and it is great, so i look forward to what Marshall will do next. i am old school but i am able to take on new and more adventurous sounds.-eg- the haze 40 combo has a very jmp 50 combo feel and sound about it.

11. jcmjmp

jcmjmp Well-Known Member

Marshall should just re-issue the JMP-1 before getting into the modelling thing IMO.
    This JMD:1 thing could be interesting though.

12. RachelMorgan

RachelMorgan New Member

Throw in some high gain, too, and it's called a JVM 410H.

13. carnada

carnada Well-Known Member

except that the reissue jmp-1 would cost like 4000 thousand dollars

14. badbluesplayer

badbluesplayer New Member

yes some amps are way to expensive but sure they are amazing! but what I like of this JMD:1 is the price and the versatility and for the sound well it has 4 EL-34's that are one of the best tubes out there IMO...I just love that EL-34 tone :rock:

15. steelhorse

steelhorse New Member

Interesting amp

16. thrawn86

Did we ever establish where this thing is currently released? My guess would be not in the US/UK; maybe the Orient?

17. MKB

MKB Well-Known Member

Someone over at Marshall really has a burr under their saddle, I don't recall ever seeing them issue so many new amp types. Looks like they are getting aggressive in the market. In the case of the latest ones, they really seem to be issuing useful toneful affordable amps. They get a big thumbs up from me for their work lately.

Now it makes sense they are getting into modeling, and perhaps taking it into an interesting space by improving on the Line 6 Spider Valve concept. I don't recall any manufacturer issuing a modeling amp integrated with a tube power amp except for Line 6.

BTW, apparently the only reason Marshall stopped making the JMP-1 was because they could not get the parts in lead-free versions (RoHS). They would still be making them except for environmental regulations. And I'd guess the reason it hasn't been reissued is the market isn't big enough for such a huge R+D redesign cost. It makes some sense that they will start into modelers and make that into their new midi preamp.

18. jcmjmp

jcmjmp Well-Known Member

Component obsolescence is something that companies have to deal with all the time and there is cost involved. My take on this is that its more than just a board re-spin. They probably would have to change stuff like displays, switches and buttons. This makes the effort a re-design because the industrial design guys have to get involved.

19. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

Marshall is firmly into the 21st Century and that's a good thing, even though at the moment I have no use for memory recall on tone settings or uber-effects built in. But maybe I'm just too unimaginative?

Ken

20. thrawn86

No, you're right where you need to be, Ken! :D

There will always be a market for innovation, and also one for tonal purists.