New Marshall CODE digital amp series

stw500

Reaction score
@Plectrum
Thx for the explanation. So my first thought (Amp more power than speaker) was right and good to know that Marshall plays fair.

Jalex

Reaction score
mbell75 said:
172 pages and no one has tried overdrive pedals with the Code?!

I tried.
A Boss DS-1. And a Dunlop fasel crybaby...

And they don't sound like they do on my tube marshall to my ears
Something is missing.
Dynamics for the wah, and something i-dunno-what for the DS-1.

The built in ODs sound better...

---edit
I know the DS is a distortion but with drive down and tone max I always used it as an OD.
And the wah ... well it's kind of like an OD sometime :D
... i don't have a true od pedal...

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I just picked up two Codes. A 25 and a 50

Initial impression is good. The more I play with them, the more concerns I have.

One complaint I have is the lack of a speaker cabinet jack.

Secondly... the audio playback when blue toothing or connected via the audio input is not good. Muffled. Blackstar did a much better job on the mp3 input circuit than Marshall has.

The setting changes when hooked into the marshall app via blue tooth are sloopopw

The built in effects are nice. The amp and pre amp models are good. Overall a good value for the money....but improvements are needed
While the Code is lacking a speaker out, I can't imagine why one would have to run it into another cabinet. However, if you wish to do this and still use the internal, it is 4 ohms and as low an impedance as Code will tolerate so NO external. Change out the internal to an 8 ohm, add a wire to a jack on the back and you can run another 8 ohm cabinet, if you really want to.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
Yesterday I received a e-mail from Marshall stating the 100 waters would be available in Sept.

Then I see this on reverb.....

I have a feeling this is some sort of sick joke, but Tundra Music in Canada is the ONLY place on earth currently offering the new Marshall Code 100 watt head and combo...

April fools or what?

https://reverb.com/item/4443546-mar...ries-100w-digital-head-w-2-way-footswitch-new

https://reverb.com/item/4443550-mar...-combo-2-x-12-speakers-w-2-way-footswitch-new

Anybody done business with Tundra Music in Canada?

Antmax

Reaction score
The first place in the world to have current CODE 25 was in Canada. Was a month or so before they hit regular retail. Doesn't mean this is legit, but there is a slight chance.

I seem to recall someone on these forums or thegearpage getting one to try weeks before anyone else.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
I hope your right!

I ordred a Marshall Cabinet from Tundra last month, and after I purchased and paid for it, they informed me it was a "misprint" and the new price was 3 times the original price.

I have a feeling this too is some sort of bad business behavior....

After all, I just yesterday received an email from Marshall stating it would be September....

Time will tell....

Buyer beware.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
I just purchased the first 100 watter from Tundra.....
I used paypal in case Tundra pulls any funny stuff, which I expect they will....
And to no surprise, their inventory still shows one in stock.

mbell75

Reaction score
Hey guys, please look at the backplate of your code 50. On mine theres said "code 50, 75 W". Well the speaker only got 50W. Got the Amp more watt than the speaker? Or is the "quality controll by Marshall England" so bad, that they can´t separate the three different models of the code series? Strange...

You just noob'd all over yourself.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score

The Reverb listing for the 100 waters from Tundra Music in Canada is a scam.
Their listing shows them in stock.
I purchased one and they DO NOT have them available as their add states.
I received a refund, but very deceptive at best.
Buyer beware!

mbell75

Reaction score
Thx for your answer, in opposite to other here you weren't helpful.

A simple "what does this mean" question rather than wrongly slamming Marshall England for their quality control would have been better. Not to mention these amps are made in Vietnam, not England...

Last edited:

stw500

Reaction score
A simple "what does this mean" question rather than wrongly slamming Marshall England for their quality control would have been better. Not to mention these amps are made in Vietnam, not England...

Before blaming me for "wrongly slamming" you should read again my post. I posted two questions, not an opinion. So there was no slamming, i just wanted to know what´s the reason for 75W vs. Code 50.

slagg

Reaction score
Just picked up a used 25 dirt cheap and I must say as far as "lower priced"modeling amps go this is by far the best of the bunch.It to me is the perfect "Bedroom/practice amp.Some of you guy's are picky,but I'm not.Get a good tone,GO!!As Frank Zappa said"shut up and play yer geetar"

Basilios

Reaction score
The Reverb listing for the 100 waters from Tundra Music in Canada is a scam.
Their listing shows them in stock.
I purchased one and they DO NOT have them available as their add states.
I received a refund, but very deceptive at best.
Buyer beware!

Weird. I have bought a bunch of stuff from tundra music and never had a problem. Then again I've always gone in store to buy what I need.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
I could not agree more!
Just picked up a used 25 dirt cheap and I must say as far as "lower priced"modeling amps go this is by far the best of the bunch.It to me is the perfect "Bedroom/practice amp.Some of you guy's are picky,but I'm not.Get a good tone,GO!!As Frank Zappa said"shut up and play yer geetar"

Outta Toon

Reaction score
Marshall lost at least one sell. I have been waiting for that 100 watt head to come out for what feels like forever... Pretty sad on my end considering that I really respect Marshall and can't believe that they would drop the ball like this... Now it's September for the heads???? Geez! Just pulled the trigger on a Katana 100 watter... I will still get the 100 watt Code when it comes out... if it comes out... we shall see I suppose...

Arc Anjil

Reaction score
I wonder what the problem is with the 100 watt'ers and if it's related to the poor performance reported by some owners of the 25 and 50 watt combos.......

Last edited:

Westbound Guitars

Reaction score
I wonder what the problem is with the 100 watt'ers and if it's related to the poor performance reported by some owners of the 25 and 50 watt combos.......

I have long wondered the same thing and think that's EXACTLY what's going on with the Marshall Code 100 watt head and combo. I think Code 25 and 50 were kind of the test models so Marshall could tweak the 100's based on the customer feedback from the 25 and 50's. Now, with that having been said if the 100's are free from the issues that the 25 and 50 watt versions had then I think it will have been worth the long wait. I'm really hoping that the 100 watt versions are nothing short of stellar.... Let's face it, they really ought to be after this much time.

Last edited:

Latest posts