New Marshall CODE digital amp series

chiliphil1

Reaction score
Got my C50 yesterday and I've only got a couple of hours on it, but I can see I have some work to do .

Is it me or what? When i set the flanger and phaser settings to zero, then adjust the chorus, the other settings magically reappear!

How do i make sure any pre-fx's and mods I don't want are off?

Love the amp. The MG15 is back in the closet!

Just go to the fx screen on gateway and make sure that they're not red. There's a little power button on the top right of each effect so you can just click them off. When looking at the fx screen anything that is red is on.

chiliphil1

Reaction score
I got some time today and started playing around with isolated tracks.. I laid down 3 of them for some "band mix" demos.. Please excuse the screw ups in these, it's surprisingly hard to jam along with a song when there's no other guitar to follow!

Enter Sandman

Dirty Deeds

Back in black

Arc Anjil

Reaction score
You will love the CODE 50 coming from an MG :). https://marshallcode.tools/member-dashboard/

That website has user created patches (tones) for the CODE. As well as a web interface that hooks up direct to the CODE via USB. There's also a fantastic PC CODE editor in the downloads section. About 90% better than the official gateway app.

Both tools are made by members of this board :)

Is that link correct? I can't get to it......;)

Arc Anjil

Reaction score
Finally have had some time to really dig into the amp (dang work gets in the way!!), and I am loving it.

Sure, it has a learning curve, as modeling amps will. But I had a Peavey Vypyr T60 so I'm not a total noob. Got the Plexi and the JCM 800 set up nice but what in God's name is #87 NWOBHM? It has a nice sound, but what does it mean? :hmm:

And why does it say GATE on the amp and Threshold in the Gateway? DUH! :rolleyes:

And finally.... anyone replace the OEM speaker with an Eminence? Say a Texas Heat, Cannabis Rex, Swamp Thing, etc? If so, how's it sound?

Wait One more thing... Anyone use any real stompboxes between guitar and amp?

I'm done.

I think.

Last edited:

Fern

Reaction score
Finally have had some time to really dig into the amp (dang work gets in the way!!), and I am loving it.

Sure, it has a learning curve, as modeling amps will. But I had a Peavey Vypyr T60 so I'm not a total noob. Got the Plexi and the JCM 800 set up nice but what in God's name is #87 NWOBHM? It has a nice sound, but what does it mean? :hmm:

And why does it say GATE on the amp and Threshold in the Gateway? DUH! :rolleyes:

And finally.... anyone replace the OEM speaker with an Eminence? Say a Texas Heat, Cannabis Rex, Swamp Thing, etc? If so, how's it sound?

I'm done.

I think.
NWOBHM = New Wave Of British Heavy Metal (e.g. Iron Maiden, Judas Priest)

TKB

Reaction score
I think.

I've heard of a US Dream pedal being used for a boost and it worked out good - that's "kind of" a tube screamer clone. Also - Hey Plil - Did you use your USB out for your AC/DC sounds? I really liked the tone.

chiliphil1

Reaction score
I've heard of a US Dream pedal being used for a boost and it worked out good - that's "kind of" a tube screamer clone. Also - Hey Plil - Did you use your USB out for your AC/DC sounds? I really liked the tone.

Yes, that was the USB. For whatever reason isn't wasn't doing the screech thing that time.

borefiller

Reaction score
I got some time today and started playing around with isolated tracks.. I laid down 3 of them for some "band mix" demos.. Please excuse the screw ups in these, it's surprisingly hard to jam along with a song when there's no other guitar to follow!

Enter Sandman

Dirty Deeds

Back in black

Nice ! Can you post amp settings for your back in black tone please

bigbaldy

Reaction score
Here's my Code50 mic'd up in a decent sized club. Got a huge sound out of it. Was quite impressed with it, and the cell phone that shot the video. Forgive the few screw ups. Clip is here.
Nice clip have you got any others and would you mind posting the settings

Rumble

Reaction score
Marshall Twitter says new firmware is available. Let's see what's fixed!

Plectrum

Reaction score
Marshall Twitter says new firmware is available. Let's see what's fixed!

From their Live For Music announcement:

The v1.1 update includes bug fixes and improves the functionality of your CODE amplifier in the following areas:

• 2-way footswitch support
  • USB audio
  • Storing Presets
  • Bluetooth pairing
  • Gateway Presets
  • 4-way foot controller

big dooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
tried it out... so far no more ring modulating types of distortion when recording via USB...
so far so good, but it took them way too long

Jam81

Reaction score
Can anybody please share the link for the firmware update and can I use a mac?

Thanks!

Latest posts