New Les Pauls early B day 2 me !

Mourguitars

Reaction score
20220723_142250.jpg

Re-Tubed the JJ with all new tubes today....the JJ quad prices came back down to $100 so i bought 2 sets

Dave had 7025 in 2 spots on the 12ax7's so i used the EHX 7025 and EHX 12ax7s in the pre section...i bought the burned in EL34L this time

Just going to use NP tubes in this amp....Les paul straight in and no boost sounds fantastic...zero noise cant say that enuff....fantastic MV

Playing thru the Mesa 4x12 V30 cab today...life is good cause Tone is good ...lol...very broke in V30's

That LP Classic has the 500 in the bridge...it suites the style of playing i do very well

I have a Avatar 2x12 that i can put a pair of Greenbacks in and run it with Friedman 2x12 V30s cab....i might try that out this week

On Greenbacks should i have a Closed back or a 3/4 back on the Avatar , i have both ? Ive never ran 2 cabs with a head..with 2 different type speakers in each cab

Mike

El Gringo

Reaction score
2016 Standard ...this one needed some help, that wiring module all scratchy fixed that , one of the Tuning pegs stripped ...replaced the set ,

Look at that Bridge..yuck ! So i put new Tone Pro locking stuff on , swapped out some rusty screws, replaced the nut with a bone nut

View attachment 108665

View attachment 108666

View attachment 108667

No headstock break..

View attachment 108668

Buckle rash on this one

View attachment 108669

Nice top on this one..again going to leave stock except the parts i replaced . Guy was in the Navy so he was around salt air ...but all setup and playing fine now !

Mike
2 smoking hot les Paul's . Please don't drill for a pickguard as that one is too fine to cover up that figured maple !

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Beautiful! I really love that first one!
I am surprised the amount of buckle rash. Not sure why people wear belts with shirt tucked. Especially when playi g a guitar!
But awesome flame on that one. I keep my 2016s clean and bridges look new.
Congrats!
I dont get that either a Bro…buckle rash is so easily avoided!

Last edited:

Latest posts