New headshell for my Studio amps \o/

Del Rei

Reaction score
Looks fantastic! Tell us more about it. What is to become of the other hs?
oh, and put some white Cliff nuts on the back panel for that custom finish look, brother!
Congrats and HNHSD!

:cheers:
Hey, man!
Got them from Sourmash!
These cliffs are interesting! I saw some white SV20 with these white cliffs nuts!
I will keep the original HS for possible resale in the future (I have no plans to sell these amps, but.... we never know).
The SV20 HS is snake and the SC20 is standard!

That’s nice , great look !:applause:
Thanks, man!!! :)
Man,they look real good.Where did you order them from?
Thanks Dan!
Ordered from Sourmash... Really good quality!
Looks fantastic :applause:
Hey, man.
Thanks for the feedback!
I appreciate. \o/

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks so clean man, very impressive,… and I’m not a big fan of white amps either, but that pic with those two looks sooo,…… :agreed:!!

Congrats man, we’ll done buddy!
:cheers:

Del Rei

Reaction score
My journey in white gear started when I was ordering my Friedman Smallbox...
I saw Chris Shiflett and his white Friedman half stack... And I said "fuck yeah!".
And I couldn't stop anymore... LOL

In fact, this tolex is not exactly white. It's almost white...

My only non-white head now is the Friedman Dirty Shirley Mini - that has a silver faceplate and Jubilee knobs...

V-man

Reaction score
The workmanship looks great but the issues for me are having a coffin/JTM headshell for a JCM and the way the two (at least appear) to be sized differently. Given all your white assorted sized Friedman stuff, I can see how it would all blend fine for your style, though

Del Rei

Reaction score
The workmanship looks great but the issues for me are having a coffin/JTM headshell for a JCM and the way the two (at least appear) to be sized differently. Given all your white assorted sized Friedman stuff, I can see how it would all blend fine for your style, though
Hey, man! :)
Thanks for the comment.

The Plexi headshell was my choice. They can do what you ask.

But the size, actually the original SC20 is 1cm larger than SV20. You can check in their website. (510mm / 20.1" vs 500mm / 19.7").

And, beside that, Sourmash made a little mistake. They asked me the EXACTLY measurements... I sent. But I sent the measurement of 50,3cm and they did in 53cm. So, in fact the SC20 is now 2cm larger than SV20, instead of only 1cm.

1234_thumbwar

Reaction score
Kind of makes me wonder if the same thing can be done with the SV20C. I bought the blue combo because it was the cheapest sv20 I could get but I really wanted to buy the head instead. The combo sounds killer and I'm still not sure if I'll bother swapping speakers out but having the head alone to carry to gigs would be nice instead of the whole combo if I don't need the speaker for a show

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Kind of makes me wonder if the same thing can be done with the SV20C. I bought the blue combo because it was the cheapest sv20 I could get but I really wanted to buy the head instead. The combo sounds killer and I'm still not sure if I'll bother swapping speakers out but having the head alone to carry to gigs would be nice instead of the whole combo if I don't need the speaker for a show
it would have to be a top (upper ½) loaded head...

The tubes hang underneath, so, they'd have to hang still. It'd be more portable, but, you won't be able to get the normal Marshall head look, w/ the chassis on the bottom...

1234_thumbwar

Reaction score
it would have to be a top (upper ½) loaded head...

The tubes hang underneath, so, they'd have to hang still. It'd be more portable, but, you won't be able to get the normal Marshall head look, w/ the chassis on the bottom...
I guess it makes sense why some of the “used” or “open box” combos I’ve been seeing are going for 1200 still while heads are backordered in stores that sell them. 35 lbs isn’t heavy but I do get the appeal of having only 20 something lbs to carry with a head instead

Latest posts