New half stack day help identify please

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by Jason Kennedy, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Jason Kennedy

Jason Kennedy New Member

Just picked up this half stack the other day. 81 jcm 800 2204 and 4x12 cab. The seller said the cab was early 70s but couldn't remember when exactly. Theres 4 greenbacks. 1 is a 71 transition model. But i can't place the other 3. I'm thinking maybe 73. They are model t1901 25ohm 50hz. I can't seem to find any info On this exact model. Anyone seen them before or know what the speakers and cab are worth? Any help appreciated.
    Pictures at link below

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BygoneTones

BygoneTones Well-Known Member

The cab itself appears to be circa 1974. Just going by the slot head screws, black tolex and rivetted corners. Those are fairly typical cab features for 1974.

The speakers are unlikely to be original. The EF date code is June 1972 printed back to front (not May 1973).

This info is from the T-number list on my website: T1901 - 8 Ohm, SA3423 coil, 102/030 cone, SP651 susp, SP773 tweeter.

So they might sound good with guitar, but were probably taken out of a bass cab or PA cab.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  3. Jason Kennedy

Jason Kennedy New Member

Cool cheers for the info. Didn't Hendrix use 50hz speakers. We'll all I know for sure is the they sound amazing with this amp!

4. BygoneTones

BygoneTones Well-Known Member

Hendrix was unlikely using those, they are pretty unusual speakers. He is most associated with the T1281 (55Hz G12H), although in truth he used a variety of different gear. He is also said to have blown his speakers very often, so it is likely his amp tech swapped speakers around as required.

Any pulsonic Celestion (pre-1974) should get you pretty close to his sound. Then you just need the 60's strat, plexi amp, and practise your arse off.