New Guitar Day!!

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by Adrian R, Sep 4, 2020.

1. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

That's really pretty. I really dig that color.
    Explorers are great, love mine too. Congrats, rock it!

2. Musicmaniac

Musicmaniac Well-Known Member

Nice congrats!

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  3. Adrian R

Adrian R Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Actually, it's really not that heavy. I would guess maybe 9lbs? I do like the neck pup...really clear...warm... The bridge not sure. I REALLY like those Planet Tone hand wound, Full Throttle pickups. An A5 equipped pickup with just the right output (12.4kO). I have one in my V...sounds awesome! It's got nearly the same warmth of a 498t..but the mids are cut back abit in comparison...but almost the same balls..but cleans up way better.

Mitchell Pearrow and pedecamp like this.
  4. Sustainium

Sustainium Well-Known Member

I agree, my explorer is surprisingly lighter than my les paul. It’s the case that is a beast.

5. Exotic

Exotic Well-Known Member

enjoy .
    i prefer the ibanez destroyer ,but i'm biased ,grew up with a futura (ibanez)

6. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Forum Support Spec. Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

It's good.

7. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

Nice axe.
    Would love to give one of those a whirl some time.

Sustainium likes this.
  8. Adrian R

Adrian R Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Their pretty cool. Really balanced well...Was my first decent electric. Bought the first one, a custom ship model...with a Kahler back in 1986..from a Guitar Center in Chicago... I knew very little about guitars then...but a good friend of mine who was a great player already...just pointed it out on the wall...and said to get it. I did... Wore the frets right off of it...learning how to play Priest, Ratt, Scorpions and Crue tunes..lol Not sure what happened to it after I traded it for an American Charvel.....wish I still had it.. Then...fast forward 4 years later I traded the Charvel for a brand new 93 Explorer... wore the frets of it! LOL... Traded it in for a new 95' LP at GC... Rick Neilsen bought my old white Explorer from GC circa 96' ..signed it and gave it to the Hard Rock Cafe in NYC. Today I believe it is still hanging on the wall! I just had to have one again... They don't sound as good as a good LP...but their just cool..period.

9. Jammy Pig

Jammy Pig New Member

I have two Ibanez Destroyers, a 75 and a 76, and they are THE best guitars ive ever owned, including an 09 Explorer, they balance perfectly, you can even play them sitting down, they look COOL and both of these has a big wide flat neck, which fits my hands perfectly.
    They resonate so well i can tune it up with the band playing just by FEELING the vibration through the neck.
    Yours is beautiful....youre gonna love it...you WILL hit it on everything in the room, so be prepared to cry.
    my 76 Destroyer i have played since i bought it new in April 77....i STILL love it....
    the second poster is wrong, they are not a re-issue of the 58 Gibsons.....mine is, but the 76 Gibson is slightly different....the 75 Ibanez IS the 'lawsuit' guitar because Gibson wasnt making one at the time, and Ibanez was killing them with the Destroyer-

10. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

That guitar looks sooooooo nice...

Now let me hear you make her scream and chag.

11. David Bazin

David Bazin Member

Great guitar! Grats!

12. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

Ok Ramo...clue me in on " chag " please.
    BP

13. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

i miss spelled it ''a'' it needs to be ''u'' instead. please forgive me im terrible at spelling. so i meant chug which it is a technique on electric guitar called the “palm mute”. This is the action of pressing your picking hand on the very bottom of the strings against the bridge with a heavily distorted overdrive tone, thus producing the “chug” sound commonly heard in heavy metal.

14. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

LOL. Yup I can dig "chug" ! Just thought I was falling behind in guitar jargon.:shrug::cheers:
    No problem Ramo.
    BP