Neighbors

MarshallDog

Reaction score
Its impossible to talk it out, inbreeds that dont have the sense to keep quiet, not take your parking space, etc. , all you can do is call the cops and let them take care of it, you try to talk it will backfire on you.

Well at least you can say you tried and if it does not work then its all out hell war IMO!

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
People used to have some level of respect. Not anymore!
Too many to sidestep and navigate around these days. No class nor respect.
Door slammers burn my arse. Redundant-compulsive-ignorant -delibrate door slammers.
Im ole school, wake me up and it's fn on ! Oh the barking dogs, irk-urk-erk me too.

Too many cameras these days , its tough to snatch someone at the dumpster ,and elbow smash them beyond the magic of plastic surgery.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear that. My last seperate place I had I was single then and I could crank my 2210 up to 4 or 5 on the master at 3am without anyone but me hearing it. I miss that.
Hell I had my EAW band system setup in the living room when I put it all together to test it.
Sorry to hear about the lame ass people that tend to be your neighbors.
I have been very lucky with mine for years now.
We haven’t been in an apartment, since the late 70’s.
But we weren’t able to purchase a home until 2001.
So hang tough buddy you and your family will get it together soon ..
Cheers
Mitch

DaDoc

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. That sucks.

We're lucky in that we have a house and some land..Like Vin said renting is just pissing your money away with nothing to show for it. Our neighbors here are awesome as well, good folks! We were having a minor bit of trouble with the ones on the south line, but a fence fixed that.

Geeze

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that's going on for you.

My last townhouse in Dallas [10 years] shared walls with four neighbors. 95% were cool and I almost never heard them. Early on in my stay Dallas received a bunch of katrina folks and a couple lived next to me. She worked and he drank and played video games all night. After banging on the wall a couple of times I caught them outside and said up to 10PM I don't give two shits what you do but after STFU! I think she kicked his ass out. Bliss.

Later I had a young married couple in the same place. They would have drunken fights - I could only hear her screaming at him at 2-3 AM. Again I caught them outside and told them I understood they had a passionate relationship but to look closely at my face - it's old and ugly and disparately needs it's beauty sleep. That ended the nocturnal folderol. Funny though afterward he and I would do the neighbor passing by chats but she refused to look at me. I guess I needed more beauty sleep than I thought.

My current place there's just two apartments and my neighbor said he's deaf - judging from the TV volume I can only hear in the wide hall he is. There are three garages below me - ones mine, one the complex uses and the middle a car guy keeps his hotrod in.

I'd love to have a house but I'd need serious acreage to keep the neighbors at bay. Maybe someday...

Russ

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.
I gotta say this is the first downstairs apartment of the three. And even though this subwoofer non sense is annoying its still better than the last two apartments. And we were upstairs in those.
I havent said a thing to anyone yet as I'm really leary after the last two disasters I dont want an neighbor war again.
I gotta say outta the first two apartments atleast I can blame drugs and drunkeness on the first one. The last one was just a f#$%ing spoiled brat 19yr old kid and his lard @ss girlfreind being @ssholes. My girl even tried to be nice to them and made um cookies and gave their nephew the remainder of our halloween candy. That one almost ended in a game of fisticuffs in the drive way in my PJs at 8am.....I called him out on his VW jetta subwoofer blasting by our window. Then he fake acted like he was gonna get out of the car.....he didnt know what to do, when I smiled and waved him out and said "come on little boy" "come on" in a patronizing voice.
But really Im not volitile kinna guy I dont want that here. I actually like our landlords and dont want to bother them...they are late 70s ish nice people. I just want quiet.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
At this point in life I'd like to live in some small bum fk town over the hill in the middle of about 100 acres of something. Couldn't leave everyone behind to do it though. It would seem senseless in that ...sense.

BRMarshall

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations - really some good advice being given here by folks with similar experiences.

I live 3+ miles from a town of 2,800 people - a few acres of land on a dead end road. Neighbors friendly, everyone minds their own business, but willing to help when needed.

Try to find a house with enough property so you and your neighbors have some space. I have a half hour commute which is about the right time to transition. Best of luck on your search - life is too short to have to deal with unneeded stress.