Need help with tv (Samsung)

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Ramo, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer >>> Fridgerator <<< Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

Only because the government or the FCC(?) mandates that some local channels remain available.

2. Vinsanitizer

As is Visio.

But personally speaking, I've got a 60" Samsung that's incredible. It's 4K-UHD-HDR, and every time I walk into the living room when my wife's watching it I think the picture is amazing. Images almost have a 3D-like quality to them even if you've got old shows on. If they make a better quality picture, I certainly don't need it.

Mitchell Pearrow and GregM like this.
  3. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Junk. Wait til its not amazing and you try to get support that you paid for...

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  4. Vinsanitizer

It's 6 years old. I won't be needing support.

If I have any issues with Samsung, it's their ethics. When I bought my Note 8 phones, I chose them because the Note series have a specific app that you can use with the built-in stylus. However, as I quickly found out, in order to fully use the app, you are required to:
    • create a samsung cloud account
    • sync all your notes, photos and personal data, and according to the pop-up message this is not an option, the reason for which is so that you have a backup in case you ever lose your data.
    • If you do not follow the above steps, you can create notes, but you will be unable to lock notes, which is now a security risk.
    Moreover, this account automatically backs up ALL data from your phone onto Samsung's servers, and you cannot access that data for management, with the exception of photos.

I placed two calls, each on separate days to samsung support. After 45 minutes each call, they could not explain why Samsung blocks your ability to lock your notes unless you are logged into a Samsung cloud account. They also could not explain why only your photos can be accessed on their servers.

Bottom line? Samsung holds your personal data hostage: THEY own it, and you are allowed to use it only if you agree ("surrender") to their polies and protocols.

These two phone cost me $900 each: one for me and one for my wife for business use, and we could not use them to securely document customer data or other sensitive data without surrendering it all to Samsung.

I have not purchased a Samsung product since, nor will I ever again.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Frodebro and pedecamp like this.
  5. Steve Whiting

Steve Whiting Active Member

I have a 10 year old Samsung plasma in the bedroom and a 3 year old LED in the living room. Never had a problem with either, and both have amazing picture quality.

6. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member

I have a Samsung and a new LG 65". They are both great IMO.

Just an FYI...do you know that LG makes the screens for Sony and Samsung :shock:

DreamerDeceiver and GregM like this.
  7. Vinsanitizer

What's your point, that there's not difference between monitor brands? Because that wouldn't be true. But honestly, after well over 20 years in technology, I just ran clean out of f*cks to give right about last January.

Frodebro likes this.
  8. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

Tell me about its last time I buy Samsung anything....

When I first bought it I got it home and I got black screen it would not come on. I took it back to shop they gave me a new one after year of use it had some unwanted backlight at the edges. I had ''technician'' come and replace the scree twice. All this happening within 2 years of use.

I'm out of warranty and I cant buy a new one at the moment.

I try to shut these filling TV+ I remove it but it wont go away.... in source section I used to have Live TV option but now I dont. I only get it at the source section where rest of the apps are. If I select it there it still goes to TV+....

I will take the pics to show you what I mean.

by the way thanks everyone for trying to help.

Mitchell Pearrow and pedecamp like this.
  9. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

only thing I like with Samsung is pic quality, I have ultra 4 k or whatever its called and pic is amazing especially on Netflix and Amazon.

10. pedecamp

I have a laundry list of bad samsung products, appliances, TVs, phones, tablets, and $h!tty customer service with them. I cant speak ill of them enough!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    Mitchell Pearrow and Ramo like this.
  11. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

I spoke to Samsung and to be fair they weren’t too bad. They reckon something wrong with my areal receiver and call out charge is £200 lol I said no thanks.

I have to fond local technician to fix it.

Im sorry to hear that you had such a bad luck with Samsung.

MarshallDog likes this.
  12. pedecamp

They were the effing worst to talk to on the phone!!! I'm still furious how I was treated, and not just one or two times!

Mitchell Pearrow and Ramo like this.
  13. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

Here sone pics as I promised.

I tried info settings mute power combo to ho i menu to turn off this TV+ but after reboot its still there. I exit app completely but it just wont go away… As soon as you click on Live TV it bring back up TV+.

I’m very frustrated with it.
    998DEF78-3138-46D2-BED1-5B25B7EAA24F.jpeg 9705D8A3-AAC9-4763-A279-34B0E41BDA38.jpeg 7A59E35B-C6E6-4608-B432-26ECE9F8AD4D.jpeg E57F07A9-EB41-441B-9178-65A2AA9C56E6.jpeg

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  14. Steve Whiting

Steve Whiting Active Member

Tv+ still shows up on mine in the source selection. Still there, but live tv now. Upon messing with it, by clicking up on it, it gives you the option to move or edit. Give that a shot to disable it. Once that's done you should be able to use the options to scan for live channels. I hope....

Ramo likes this.
  15. Vinsanitizer

What's with the channel lock? Is there a setting in Parental Controls to unlock anything such as channels, etc.?

16. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

Thats parental control to prevent adult content, most of the time my 10y old uses tv.

17. MarshallDog

You’d miss the casual point if it went right up your….angry old man :erk:

Vinsanitizer likes this.
  18. Vinsanitizer

:rofl:

Ahh, I'm sorry bro, did I come across a little snarky there? If so, it was more directed at technology, not you or your comment. :kiss:

Now come over here and help me get that casual point out of mine @ss, if you would please. :D

MarshallDog likes this.
  19. pedecamp

That was one of my complaints about my samsung tv, it was constantly installing updates to the point of rediculousness, and features and settings were disappearing, they were grayed out or gone altogether! The smart tv function was totally uselss so I bought a roku stick for it until the tv died a year later, had the tv for maybe 8 years and it was only fully functional for about half that time. Really, just throw it away, I got a roku tv to replace it and its really good and wasnt expensive. Honestly it really felt like samsung was screwing my tv up on purpose so I'd be forced to replace it, kind of what apple got caught doing to their phones. Unscrupulous companies...

Ramo and GregM like this.
  20. MarshallDog

LOL, no problem Bro all good!!:thumb:

Vinsanitizer likes this.