Need help with tv (Samsung)

Ramo

Reaction score
Hey gang

I was wondering if any if you can help me with my stupid tv?

problem I have is… It wont pick up live tv feed from antenna. I tried different antennas but nothing…. I used same antennas on different Tv and they work fine on other tv.

On this tv tuning menu is greyed out, so I cant search for Tv channels….
I should note it was working fine till I decided to retune it to see if there was new channels.

I restarted it to factory settings and nothing… Netflix, Amazon Prime and so on they still work fine.

model is UE55MU6670
5DEFE931-67F5-4911-916D-8C0515E48831.jpeg

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
it was right there, unless some regional shenanigans...

I looked up a couple of sites, they basically said to make sure that you have the TV set to "air" as input. If you have HDMI, or DTV, or Cable, it won't do it...

Ramo

Reaction score
it was right there, unless some regional shenanigans...

I looked up a couple of sites, they basically said to make sure that you have the TV set to "air" as input. If you have HDMI, or DTV, or Cable, it won't do it...
I checked it again, I disconnected all HDMI cables just left areal in. Broadcast came back on but autotune is still greyed out.
I make sure tv source is selected while Im trying to autotune channels but still no luck.

Unless Im not understanding something…..

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of things you can try:

Steve Whiting

Reaction score
In your source selection, you should have tv, hdmi 1, hdmi 2, etc. You have to get rid of the tv+ app where your tv app is. Then go into your settings and change over to air. Should let you scan for channels after that. Had to do the same thing about 3 weeks ago.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
In your source selection, you should have tv, hdmi 1, hdmi 2, etc. You have to get rid of the tv+ app where your tv app is. Then go into your settings and change over to air. Should let you scan for channels after that. Had to do the same thing about 3 weeks ago.

NOTE: Try the two steps in the vid I posted first because one method relies on the TV+ item. Failing that, move to this post.

South Park

Reaction score
Thar is no analog TV it is all cable or direct TV

Ramo

Reaction score
How do I get rid off tv+?

@Vinsanitizer I already done what he is saying in the video.

Steve Whiting

Reaction score
Can't remember exactly. Might be just press the down arrow on the Samsung remote when you have it highlighted. Should give you the move/remove option. Really wish I remember exactly what I did. Was just flying by the seat of my pants when I did it.
May have to open the app and go to settings. Should give you the option to disable it there, but still, I'm guessing. Just know it needs to be disabled.

Ramo

Reaction score
Can't remember exactly. Might be just press the down arrow on the Samsung remote when you have it highlighted. Should give you the move/remove option. Really wish I remember exactly what I did. Was just flying by the seat of my pants when I did it.
May have to open the app and go to settings. Should give you the option to disable it there, but still, I'm guessing. Just know it needs to be disabled.
I remove the app but it dose not give me options to disable.

how to check again tomorrow, its 2 am here now… I try again tomorrow with this shit tv…

thanks everyone

Steve Whiting

Reaction score
Removing it should work. As I said, I can't really remember exactly how I did it. Just hoping you can get some free tv out of it!!!! I got 36 channels on a homemade antenna.

stickyfinger

Reaction score
Exit out of what ever app you are in and go to live TV. Go to settings and broadcasting should selectable.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Anything samsung is crap, throw it out and get something else.

Latest posts