Need DSL 40CR setting tips

LiveeviL2000

Reaction score
Here are my settings after a good 2 days of messing with it.
Red clean channel.
Volume: 6
Gain: 5
Treble: 7
Mid: 6
Bass: 4
Presence: 8
Resonance: 5
Thanks again to you guys for the help.
I’m still tweaking the dials a little here and there.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
DSL tip........your clean channel setting WILL effect your ultra channel tone........as a matter of fact every 2ch Marshall I have EVER tried does this....If you live in the Ultra channel try setting the Classic Gain Ch... Gain 6 and Vol a hair below 2.........and if it has digital reverb turn it off and break the knob off IMO........well dont break the knob off but the reverb adds a clunky harsh overtone to the amp
OH and +1 on the Boss SD-1 Super Overdrive.

Last edited:

purpleplexi

Reaction score
DSL tip......if it has digital reverb turn it off and break the knob off IMO........

Not a bad idea. Can't believe M can't do better.

The only 2 probs with the CR are the emulated out and the reverb. Would've been better to leave them off. I've wondered if the reverb circuit is completely out of the loop with the knob at zero and if not if there's a mod that would remove it completely.

matttornado

Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Can't believe M can't do better.

The only 2 probs with the CR are the emulated out and the reverb. Would've been better to leave them off. I've wondered if the reverb circuit is completely out of the loop with the knob at zero and if not if there's a mod that would remove it completely.
And the slight lag when changing channels, at least with mine.

Sg-ocaster

Reaction score
I've wondered if the reverb circuit is completely out of the loop with the knob at zero and if not if there's a mod that would remove it completely.
Not sure But I know on the DSL15 the head has no reverb and the combo does.....last time I looked at the schematic(and my memory sucks mind you) I believe the verb board is just omitted and a slightly differant resistor value is used were was connected in.

matttornado

Reaction score
Lag is luck of the draw.
Switching chip :scratch:
Mine is fine in that respect :fingersx:
But it does reset the FX loop to OFF at startup.
After switching the loop back on it's good till next time.
yeah even after I got the motherrboard replaced having the lowe volume issue, the lag was still there.
Marshall told me that it is supposed to be like that!!! wtf?

matttornado

Reaction score
Weird. Mine has no delay. Changing channels I mean.
Are you using the supplied dual footswitch? I am. You're lucky. I got used to it though. LOL I learned how to time it so it changes channels without noticing any delay while playing.

Aahzz

Reaction score
Are you using the supplied dual footswitch? I am. You're lucky. I got used to it though. LOL I learned how to time it so it changes channels without noticing any delay while playing.

Yeah, mine has just a slight delay when switching, using the 2-button and the 6.