Neal Schon To Auction Gear

MarshallDog

Reaction score
OK, love Neal very underrated for sure, one hell of a player! I wonder if that is his big ass building/warehouse full of gear???

Vinsanitizer

Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite guitar players. His style is like a 4th of July fireworks show.

Anyway, yeah - another classic player who's unloading gear. I'm curious though, out of all the stuff he owns, why these particular pieces? And what's the reasoning behind letting go of guitars that have given you massive hits and have been around the entire world?

Derek S

Reaction score
Didn't click the link, just chiming in on the topic - seems a little odd he'd sell gear off, he's on social media weekly posting new clips, noodling vids, thoughts, etc, still very much in love with playing guitar and making music. I do believe he's an axe fx (or other modeler) user, maybe he's pretty content with what that's giving him now? Love his playing BTW, total package player, especially phrasing, an often overlooked aspect of his.

axe4me

Reaction score
I think the time of selling is not because a piece of gear is bad..............it's the thrill/excitement of replacing it with a new toy.

I can relate.

junk notes

Reaction score
Didn't click the link, just chiming in on the topic - seems a little odd he'd sell gear off, he's on social media weekly posting new clips, noodling vids, thoughts, etc, still very much in love with playing guitar and making music. I do believe he's an axe fx (or other modeler) user, maybe he's pretty content with what that's giving him now? Love his playing BTW, total package player, especially phrasing, an often overlooked aspect of his.
Have you seen a video from his last project band? I honestly thought it was Bruce Springsteen? There was no Neal in anything, because it sounded like BS.
He too, also threw away the pick.

junk notes

Reaction score
This older video has better sound, better leads, and he uses a pick. The reason it really sounds good.. Marco!

junk notes

Reaction score
yes, NS has been picking up MM as a hired gun for his projects.
Here is a good one with both of them on fire in the studio. yes, Neal uses a pick, of course.
(BTW a very nice guitar, but had passed on his 1st run sig LPC)

axe4me

Reaction score
I sometimes think that Neal Schon has the same DNA as Yngwie Malmsteen.

.........................But I only wanted to add one more note.

Both brilliant players but are a bit over indulgent.

That's why I loved BB King.

A different player and BB knew note selection and rests.

BB was iconic.

Latest posts