*** NAD - The #2 O 50!!! ***

jeffb

Reaction score
Voice of dissent- older peavey classics are workhorse amps that sound great..even el84 models. Throw 4x 10" green or cream backs in and that is a fantastic setup. Im into variety, if I'm going to have more than one.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Deal is on for a trade!
In 24hrs I will be blessed with another Origin 50h. Kind of funny how things work out. :cool:

Will post NAD when I get it back to CRANK IT. :hbang:
You want to feel the power of both of them??
Take your mxr10 band eq and run it in the front of both amps !! At 6 on the volume in full 50 watt mode.. and hang on.
It is something you will never forget.
I have done this numerous times, with the 3210 being fed via fx send to the clean channel on 2-1/2 as a full stack, and the origins as half stacks.. stacked together as 2 full stacks.. glorious tone for days. I just can’t capture it with my iPhone

Last edited:

Neptical

Reaction score
@Mitchell Pearrow OH, game is on! I can only imagine how HUGE that sounds. Were you just using the MXR for the outs or EQ as well? I have my MXR 10 Band through one of my 3210's loop which makes it sound VERY big and tube-like. I feel like I need a few of those units as I'm always using them and pulling it amp to amp is a pain! Lol However, my TC Nova Repeater delay on board has stereo outs which sounds GREAT with a bit of ping pong.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
@Mitchell Pearrow OH, game is on! I can only imagine how HUGE that sounds. Were you just using the MXR for the outs or EQ as well? I have my MXR 10 Band through one of my 3210's loop which makes it sound VERY big and tube-like. I feel like I need a few of those units as I'm always using them and pulling it amp to amp is a pain! Lol However, my TC Nova Repeater delay on board has stereo outs which sounds GREAT with a bit of ping pong.
I use it on and a bit of a boost as well, I have to put a delay in the loop of one..
Cheers

steveb63

Reaction score
Guys!

Funny story, I had an ad posted before I got my Origin 50 head. I was looking to trade my old Peavey Classic 50 4x10 ( early 90s) for an Origin 50 since I haven't been putting it to good use.

Welp, no one had responded so I got my O50...until now of course! SO - someone has a LIKE NEW Origin 50h they're willing to trade for my Peavey. I wouldn't mind having a second one. 😆

Shall I go for it...???:hbang:
Never freakin' fails.

I swear Murphy was a guitar player.

well-another-victim-of-murphys-law.jpg

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
46 years playin' and every few years I took out more and more of my pedals. The only thing I like now is straight in guitar with a bit of delay or reverb in the FX Loop. Use my guitar volume and tone knobs for different songs and bits. I will say I have V1a&b on switches when I want that extra overdrive, but mostly play with guitar volume low until I want a saturation or a swell etc. of course amp is LOUD for the easy touches to the 'wake up you assholes volumes'🙂
Yeah me too, single channel amp and guitars volume knob. I play mostly straight in too, I do have a Tubescreamer and an Sd1 though, for heavier stuff and soloing.

Sometimes I’ll stack the two for some really thick, fat, yet cutting tone!

Neptical

Reaction score
Here we are!

NAD #2 for Origin 50h.

Got a chance to pick it up from the owner today on a trade. Plugged it in for a bit and it's off to the races! Still unreal how nice these amps sound.

Here you can see the tools to get the tones I'm after. It's going to be a nice ride...for a long time.😎

Last edited:

Latest posts