*** NAD - The #2 O 50!!! ***

XTRXTR

Reaction score
Congratz on the new amp.

Now ditch the SD-1 and plug straight in.

You cant get it now, i understand, maybe in 10 to 20 years you will be ripe for good tone.:p
46 years playin' and every few years I took out more and more of my pedals. The only thing I like now is straight in guitar with a bit of delay or reverb in the FX Loop. Use my guitar volume and tone knobs for different songs and bits. I will say I have V1a&b on switches when I want that extra overdrive, but mostly play with guitar volume low until I want a saturation or a swell etc. of course amp is LOUD for the easy touches to the 'wake up you assholes volumes'🙂

steveb63

Reaction score
@steveb63 Thank you my friend! It's an absolute blast to play! \m/

@fitz288 Thanks man! Y'know, I've just always just been attracted to those good ole JCM tones. These tones are just in a league all on their own. Granted, there are other HUGE factors that are truly helping a TON:
1.) A straight V30 Soldano 4x12- very musical sounding cab.
2.) My maple neck Strat equipped with a DiMarzio Super Distortion.
3.) And of course my ALL TIME FAVORITE Boss SD-1 which is pushing the RAT ( low gain, high filter) . I've EQ'd the amp to the pedals. Menacing. These amps can ABSOLUTELY do just as much Rock, Metal, Jazz, Blues, etc as any other amp of mine.

@J.LaGrassa Thank you! Absolutely correct, it sounds HUGE! Have a lot of fun with your BIG O 20! Years of fun coming with that awesome amp.

@C-Grin Thank you tons!

@Rocktane Thank you! Yes, you need to try one of these amps ... today. :hbang:

@Mitchell Pearrow Thank you for encouraging me even further on such FANTASTIC tones. You, sir, have great taste in tone. Thanks again for huge contribution to the best Marshall fam. Enjoy your BIG O's as well my good dude!🤟🤟🍺🍺

@scozz Thank you my good friend! Absolutely UNREAL tones so I'm pretty ecstatic! Maybe it's similar to..finding a long lost friend?🤔 Lol

@Ufoscorpion Thank you! There's NO WAY this amp needs ANY modding. Not even tube changes. Straight out the box, it's ready to pummel and melt face. As you've said, a good OD/Dist combo is all you need.

@-BOOGIEMAN- Thank you! That's so true for what you're getting out of these amps. These amps appear to be misunderstood. It's all in the internal AND external EQ'ing. 😉
Funny you mention the DiMarzio Super D.

Last year I put one in the bridge of a LP and an Ibanez RG550, that amp definitely digs that old school rawk.

With a Super D, and an Overdive of some sort Judas Priest lives in that amp. Lol. Along with a lot of NWOBHM

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last year I put one in the bridge of a LP and an Ibanez RG550, that amp definitely digs that old school rawk.

With a Super D, and an Overdive of some sort Judas Priest lives in that amp. Lol. Along with a lot of NWOBHM
I use a Super D too.:D

Great rock/hard rock pup in the bridge. Blues too!

Neptical

Reaction score
@XTRXTR Thank you! This was the amp that chose me actually. 😉

You cant get it now, i understand, maybe in 10 to 20 years you will be ripe for good tone.:p
@Tatzmann Funny guy ova here. Lol

When I was 17 and learned there was more to an amp than just plugging in was like my second graduation. It was all the tools of the trade I needed to earn my business degree. But yeah, I guess we'll see in those 10-20 years! Haha 😂

I bought a maple neck FSR Strat some time back and it showed up with the Super D installed from the previous owner! Couldn't believe my ears. It gives my Strat big LP bite and clarity but still retains all the elements of a Strat. Literally, don't want to use any other pups these days after receiving that guitar !

@solarburnDSL50 YEAH BABY! Knew you were the type for a Super D!!

Last edited:

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Congratz on the new amp.

No , some of us will ALWAYS use boost pedals coz that’s the way we like it . There ain’t no right or wrong with or without , whatever floats your boat .

C-Grin

Reaction score
No , some of us will ALWAYS use boost pedals coz that’s the way we like it . There ain’t no right or wrong with or without , whatever floats your boat .
Agreed, there is nothing wrong with playing straight in or with having a few pedals. There is no wrong, there is no right. The minute you think you know you will be proven wrong. It’s art and it’s up to the artist to make it.

MarshallDog

Reaction score

Welp, you guys were right!! The Origin 50(h) is here... and let me say - WHAT A SMOKIN' AMP! It's absolutely different than what I'm used to with my JCM 2000 DSLs ( 50 & 100), JCM 900 SL-X 2500, 3315 and 3210s in the most RADICAL way.

I can't believe I held out this long. It annihilates for having those glassy cleans while being SO FAT under the fingertips...OR can get VERY Bassman-ISH. Take your pick - SO many tones are in this beast. I have mine set up with little gain and hitting the front end with an SD-1 juicing a RAT. Don't be fooled, the amp EATS pedals and still shows it's true colors.

I can't believe how high I can run the Treble on this beast and I LOVE IT. Typically, I'm a ZERO Treble and cranked Presence guy. I get more of the chewy bite from my pedals. I love THAT tone for a Marshall, but this is in another class all on its own!

Low power is phenomenal as it really tightens up the amp. High power gives it a little more sag but I can't pick one over the other. They're both fun to use! TILT is awesome which gives me some really nice presence and clean bite. The pull Boost gets SUPER wooly and as I've read, "flubby" as well. I agree. It's useable, but I haven't experimented much with it just yet.

Anyways, I could go on all night. Thanks for ALL the tips and info here from the Marshall fam. I can NOW see what the attraction is for those old classic Marshall tones. I think I might have a good taste for it now. Yeah baby!

Congrats and glad you like the big "O", they are great amps regardless of what the haters spew!!!

EC Strat

Reaction score
Yes the Origin 50H is a great sounding amp at a great price. It comes surprisingly close to the real deal. Only thing better is a JTM 45 itself IMO or a plexi / bluesbreaker

O50H gives you fantastic tones - glassy high and a bit fat bottom end and you can run any pedal you want on the front of the amp and no issues. I gigged with one for a good while and only reason I don’t have it any longer is bc I bought a JTM 45 RI.

Neptical

Reaction score
I can't stop playing it, it is THAT addictive once plugged in. Let me add, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite amps of ALL TIME. It could be my only amp and I would be set for good. Alas, I love all my Marshalls so here they stay.

Tilt, man - what a fantastic feature. The power modes are SO good. I got a VERY nice tone from the Boost pulled with low gain ( tried in all settings that sound wonderous). As I already mentioned, SD-1 and RAT are always on. Crank that Gain and drive the Master ( with these pedals) and you have some of THE BEST high gain tones imaginable. What a hit!

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't stop playing it, it is THAT addictive once plugged in. Let me add, it's quickly becoming one of my favorite amps of ALL TIME. It could be my only amp and I would be set for good. Alas, I love all my Marshalls so here they stay.

Tilt, man - what a fantastic feature. The power modes are SO good. I got a VERY nice tone from the Boost pulled with low gain ( tried in all settings that sound wonderous). As I already mentioned, SD-1 and RAT are always on. Crank that Gain and drive the Master ( with these pedals) and you have some of THE BEST high gain tones imaginable. What a hit!
So. I'm thinking you kinda like it???:naughty:

Neptical

Reaction score
Guys!

Funny story, I had an ad posted before I got my Origin 50 head. I was looking to trade my old Peavey Classic 50 4x10 ( early 90s) for an Origin 50 since I haven't been putting it to good use.

Welp, no one had responded so I got my O50...until now of course! SO - someone has a LIKE NEW Origin 50h they're willing to trade for my Peavey. I wouldn't mind having a second one. 😆

Shall I go for it...???:hbang:

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys!

Funny story, I had an ad posted before I got my Origin 50 head. I was looking to trade my old Peavey Classic 50 4x10 ( early 90s) for an Origin 50 since I haven't been putting it to good use.

Welp, no one had responded so I got my O50...until now of course! SO - someone has a LIKE NEW Origin 50h they're willing to trade for my Peavey. I wouldn't mind having a second one. 😆

Wait..., you're asking US !?!? :rofl:

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Guys!

I’ve not tried a Peavey Classic but I would go for it . I have seriously thought about getting a second one just in case Marshall stop making them and I’ve only had Ori50h I’ve got for a month lol .