NAD JCM2000 DSL100 MLB

jimmyo

Reaction score
So thanks to forum user Leonard Neemoil who let me know this guy was available, I pulled the trigger on a used 2009 JCM2000 DSL that was on sale at Guitar Center/Musicians Friend.

Really like the JCM2000 tones and was looking for a later 100watt one from when they were still made in UK.

77592BF4-A316-4235-964E-BAF58FF19CC0.jpeg

So far everything checks out and had it on for a couple of hours last night to let it get nice and hot, and so far no dreaded bias drift issues etc. Will be going to my amp tech soon for a quick service to ensure it’s gig ready and for the obligatory speaker jack ground mod. Getting some great hot rodded 80s metal tones, Lead 2 on the Ultra channel with some delay in the loop is giving up some Ratt - Lay It Down tones. Very ballsy rock sounds. Liking the green crunch tones also for an edge of breakup tone.

Also thanks to God of Thunder who pointed one out for me a while back but I was too slow. Glad I was faster this time around.

Currently have it paired with an old 80s 1960B cab with the stock UK G12T-75s.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Awesome man!

I was curious what you'd end up with considering where it was purchased from. It seems like it was described properly at least. Always a gamble with guitar denter/musicians enemy. I've heard of cases where people get a completely different item than what was ordered/pictured. Glad you got what you ordered and glad you're digging it.

I'm not sure I'd play it anymore until you get those speaker grounds fixed.

After that, rock on dude! :dude:

Enjoy!

Cheers

EADGBE

Reaction score
0De7Gpp.png

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet! It looks great! I recall someone else here getting an amp like this, (a Dsl2000 head with black piping).

I can’t remember what it was that differentiates it from the ones with the white piping, but I’m sure it was something, I think I’m sure?! :hmm: