NAD: DSL20HR and Egnater Cab

RJW

Reaction score
My DSL20HR finally came in after many long delays. My Egnater Rebel 112 cab happened to arrive today too.

I only got about 20 or 30 mins to test them before I had to go be an adult again.

I didn’t specifically buy them to use together. The cab is for my Rebel 30 head. But since they came together, I paired them today.

The DSL20HR has all the features I need. It sounds really good on both channels. I can tell it can get way louder. Its a Marshall so of course it looks great. It also feels great. When you grab the strap and pick it up, you can tell it’s well built.

I’ll have to wait for the weekend to play around with it more. Maybe I’ll have some fun swapping out cabs and speakers.

8DAF3D34-FE16-4C9C-B4AB-23B4BB5A403E.jpeg

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My DSL20HR finally came in after many long delays. My Egnater Rebel 112 cab happened to arrive today too.

I only got about 20 or 30 mins to test them before I had to go be an adult again.

I didn’t specifically buy them to use together. The cab is for my Rebel 30 head. But since they came together, I paired them today.

The DSL20HR has all the features I need. It sounds really good on both channels. I can tell it can get way louder. Its a Marshall so of course it looks great. It also feels great. When you grab the strap and pick it up, you can tell it’s well built.

I’ll have to wait for the weekend to play around with it more. Maybe I’ll have some fun swapping out cabs and speakers.

View attachment 98807
HNAD!

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
hnad.
i have that cab with my rebel20. they sound great. i want to open it up and see
whats inside but havent yet.
It's supposedly a tweeked version of the Lead80?
Egnater Celestion Elite-80
OIP.RX4HXTODwtAmu-rAWUcUGwHaHy

Gene Ballzz

Reaction score

View attachment 98807

@RJW
First> :welcome: to the forum!
Next> HNA&CD
Then> That amp really comes alive and into its own with both volumes floored, CLASSIC GAIN channel GAIN floored and ULTRA GAIN channel gain to taste, usually between 9:00 and 11:00, 12:00/noon starts geting a bit much and from there on......... well. :rolleyes: While using the channel volumes to save face with family, friends and neighbors you'll stiil get great sounds, but once you see how great it sounds with the volumes dimed (I rarely leave the CLASSIC GAIN channel) you'll be thinking about an attenuator. Unless you want to spend +$400, look into building one from this thread:

https://www.marshallforum.com/threads/simple-attenuators-design-and-testing.98285/

VERY long thread, but all the important build info is now in the first post. The rest of the thread is well worth the read though with great tips, test results, additions, options, member builds/pics, etc. A bit of chaff throughout, but easily skimmed past. Everyone who has built one loves it and for confirmation, read at least the last couple/few pages of the thread! I've built and installed two into my amps so far and am endeavoring to build more into custom sized boxes for each of my amps! If you can use basic hand tools, a drill and soldering iron, the build is cheap and easy, especially if you don't try to add to many available bells and whistles. Average cost between $75 & $125 USD, depending on parts/materials sourcing. I love my DSL20CR (same amp in combo form), but very often run it through various different cabinets instead of the internal speaker. Trust me on the attenuator! Don't waste your time and $$$ on a Bugera, Weber MiniMass, or any of the other cheaper passive atteuators. The one linked above is hands down the best passive design out there. @JohnH really did his homework!

Again, HNA&CD,
Gene

Last edited:

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im gonna try it through the orange ppc112. Also, I’ve started some builds. I have a greenback and a cannabis Rex that need a Home. I got a redback and v-type on the way. I’ll try those out probably this weekend.
Looking forward to hearing what you find out of that mix of possible combinations.
I currently have a T-75 & a V30 in the MX112 cabs for my DSL20HR.