My mouse trap vanished

G the wildman

Reaction score
My house backs the forest, so pretty field mice come into the garage and have in the past done real damage. So I have to set traps regularly.

Yesterday, I loaded the trap with Row’s Honey and a squashed Cadbury Rollo. Yum yum, a real treat. I set a hair trigger on the trap and left it.

This morning I went to check the trap and it was gone. I wondered if he though it was a box of chocolates and took it home to his woman.

Spooky in it!

G

Tatzmann

Reaction score
Had one of em in the kitchen couple years ago,
must have been in there atleast a week without
notice. As i new it was there i then saw its tail
disappearing through a tiny little hole in the backside of a kitchenpiece.

After a while i knew where it was hiding, inside
the furnace service acces which is in the kitchen.

R.I.P.:p

PelliX

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a Jack Russell. Small, but very effective against rodents. They'll take down a freakin' badger. :yesway:

Last edited:

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Definitely not a rat if you live out in the real county. Mouse probably stumbled upon the trap and sprung it with a leg or tail and took off with it. Most likely to starve.

As others said, secure it with wire. Better luck next time.

Crikey

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a Jack Russell. Small, but very effective against rodents. They'll take down a freakin' badger. :yesway:
On a safari in Africa, i spoke with a guide who lost several jack russels to lions. The Jacks ran to attack the lions. Fearless dogs

PelliX

Reaction score
On a safari in Africa, i spoke with a guide who lost several jack russels to lions. The Jacks ran to attack the lions. Fearless dogs

Yup. I never really believed what they were capable of until I saw a pair in action. Holy moly. They went from "hardly qualifying as a dog" to "big punch, small package" in my book.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My house backs the forest, so pretty field mice come into the garage and have in the past done real damage. So I have to set traps regularly.

Yesterday, I loaded the trap with Row’s Honey and a squashed Cadbury Rollo. Yum yum, a real treat. I set a hair trigger on the trap and left it.

This morning I went to check the trap and it was gone. I wondered if he though it was a box of chocolates and took it home to his woman.

Spooky in it!

G
Rats and mice have been gaining power over the last 18 months, in case you were unaware. Someone needs to build a better mousetrap soon, before the rats eat the mice, and then come after you and everything you own.

Latest posts