My Marshall MF350 Mode Four Half Stack...

Trotterz

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm new to this forum and it looks very interesting.

It made me think about some of my amps and in particular my Marshall Mode Four head and speaker cabinet half stack which just doesn't get used any longer and which is a real shame as in my opinion it's a very versatile and LOUD amp !!

I'm thinking of selling it... seems a shame as they appear to be pretty scarce these days but there you go.

Just wondering what you think ?

I'm in the UK (Northampton)

Cheers

Trotz

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

It made me think about some of my amps and in particular my Marshall Mode Four head and speaker cabinet half stack which just doesn't get used any longer and which is a real shame as in my opinion it's a very versatile and LOUD amp !!

I'm thinking of selling it... seems a shame as they appear to be pretty scarce these days but there you go.

Cheers

Trotz
:welcome:to the forum.
Hard to advise on selling an amp with no frame of reference to what other amps you have and how you use them.
As far as actually selling it, I'd start with some research on the value based on sales history on gear sites like Reverb.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Hey guys

Cheers

Trotz
Before selling, I'd pop the back off of the cab and see what speakers are in it. If I remember correctly, the angled cab had special 55 hz V30 speakers (V30MF), which are excellent speakers, and highly sought after by those "in the know". I have two 4x12's, each with two of the V30MF speakers on the bottom, and a G12H Greenback and G12H Creamback on top. In other words, your MF cab may be worth more than a typical Marshall cab, if it still has those speakers inside.

Last edited:

tallcoolone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those cabs are great, as are the V30MF speakers—even without the speakers tho I would hold on to that cab. I have the straight ‘B’ cab loaded with G12H30s on top and the V30MF on bottom and it is fantastic. Never pliugged into the head tho

LJR1973

Reaction score
I always thought the MF350 was a really good and under-rated/under-used amp.
Wish I still had mine, parted with it eons ago.
But still have the 4x12 slant cabinet, because honestly it's one of the best sounding cabs I have.
Is there a particular reason you don't use yours anymore? You seem to like it, maybe it's worth giving it another go-round?

Trotterz

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for your feedback - I appreciate it a lot.

The main reason for me thinking of selling is due to ongoing health issues - I've now switched to playing bass as I struggle playing chords on guitar because my hands don't work as well as they used to which is very frustrating !

marshallmellowed, thanks for your suggestion about checking to see which speakers are in the cab. I'll do this and let you know !

Cheers

Trotterz

Reaction score
Ok... just took the back off the cab and it's actually a MF400A (angled) loaded with 4x Celestion G12K-100 speakers. I guess that's standard for this cab.

Any ideas what this half stack might be worth ? Ideally I like to sell it as a unit rather than split it.

I've also got the footswitch + manual

Cheers guys

tallcoolone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok... just took the back off the cab and it's actually a MF400A (angled) loaded with 4x Celestion G12K-100 speakers. I guess that's standard for this cab.

Any ideas what this half stack might be worth ? Ideally I like to sell it as a unit rather than split it.

Cheers guys
Depending on condition I'd say for that cab $400-600 is a fair local pickup price. No idea on the head, they don't have a good rep at all. Not much I'm afraid

proxy

Reaction score
Hey guys

Cheers

Trotz
I sold mine to Alex Scolnik.
You better keep it as you can't get a lot of money for them.
Good luck

tallcoolone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheers guys
I'm a cab whore lol--are you near NH??

V-man

Reaction score
Welcome. Funny story about how I got my MF350 “full stack”.

I heard mixed reviews about the ModeFour (but my first Marshall was a Dual Reverb so I was familiar with the stupidity and ignorance speaf by the inexperienced). Regardless, I was not in the market for one. I wanted the cab(s) which are among the best Marshall made.

Next town over has a ModeFour “Full Stack”. Are you sure, I ask, bc I am here for the cabs only (specifically the B cab, having secured a trashed one locally). Full stack, yes absolutely. OK. I drive the hour and go down to his basement, I could have choked the sonofabitch. Full stack, all right: a head and a (A) cab.

I shook my head with that vein popped up in my forehead. Got the “Full stack“ for $450. Great deal, but I was there for the ONE thing he didn’t have, claims notwithstanding!

purpleplexi

Reaction score
Hi from just up the road in Kettering. I was at the mode 4 launch. Met Jim himself there. Happy days. I also saw the last iteration of the Sensational Alex Harvey band at the Stables in MK. Zal ( who is one of my favourite ever players) had a Mode 4 on stage and it was to one side of him and I don't think he realised how loud it was. Completely obliterated everything else on stage. Which I didn't mind in a way - the singer on that tour was a shambles. Zal sounded great though and played his arse off as always.