My cat is giving me a hard time

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My garage is right outside my kitchen door. The garage also has a stairwell to the basement. I used to have a cat named Mouse because when I first got her she fit inside my hand. But she grew up and got fat so I called her Moose, and Moose was basically a basement kitty. She would sleep on the old couch in the basement all day and night. (This was an older couch, not the one on my deck where I take pictures of my guitars.)

Anyway, Moose got old and passed away a couple of years ago (I miss ol' Moosey), and since I could not ever be catless, I got a new cat. She's a rescue or whatever. Mostly a Russian Blue. I forget the name they gave her, but I call her Kitteh-Kitteh. Kitteh-Kitteh is not a basement kitty, but her shetbox and food dish are out in the garage. She says "reow" when she wants to go out and she says "reow" when she wants to come back in. But now Kitteh-Kitteh is giving me a hard time because she constantly wants to go out and come in like every 26.5 seconds and it is driving me absotively NUTS. Reow, reow, reow - it's all I hear day and night and night and day and night. Also, night and day. And night.

What should I do. Installing a door flap is out of the question.

Also, this cat spies on me. But we'll talk about that later.

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
VIP Member
Reaction score
dont let her train you. once she does your in for it.
got 2 here just like that. a 3rd that hit me up to come in the bedroom at 3am
every night. if she dont come when i call her to go to bed shes shit out of luck until the morning.
I think you're right about that, Rick. I think she's got me "trained". I was used to old kitteh, now nu kitteh's like, "yo - you c'mere biotch". I tried putting up a sign by the door, but you know how that goes. Anyway, I gotta fix this because I can't be this cat's doorman for the next 17 years.

PelliX

Reaction score
Just curious, Vin, why is a flap out of the question? The Yorkie is about the same format? I mean, there are RFID collar tags so the flap can selectively let animals through, but I can't speak from experience.

Totally agree on not being trained here. I'm a dog person, myself and I love 'em to bits, but there are rules and those rules don't get broken very often. My rules are lax enough as it is, I think. I don't mind the dogs claiming my bed during the daytime, but no chew-toys on there (ever woken up with something hard and sharp stuck to your back?). Couch is fair game, but they have to slide over when I want to sit down. Barking at the mailman, pizza delivery guy is cool, but just a warning, no need to perform an opera every time. Begging at the table is a no-no, but silently hanging around and hoping is OK. You get the drift... :blah:

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you do not own a theme park.
Theme park owners are vile scum.
No, but I always wanted my very own Tilt-A-Whirl. I have the space and could have gotten a used one for $240,000 a few years ago. My wife sat me down, gave me a slice of cake and a glass of milk, and said "no, you're not buying a Tilt-A-Whirl". Today, whenever I walk down the street, people point at me and say, "look! there's that guy who wanted a Tilt-A-Whirl but his wife said no".

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
but her shetbox and food dish are out in the garage.
Move these.
I have 2 cats, Gabby and Penny.
Their litter boxes are in the basement laundry room, and their food & water bowls are in the kitchen.
They don't need to bug me to process food in and out.
But they do seem to frequently complain about something, I'm not sure what about.

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Move these.
I have 2 cats, Gabby and Penny.
Their litter boxes are in the basement laundry room, and their food & water bowls are in the kitchen.
They don't need to bug me to process food in and out.
But they do seem to frequently complain about something, I'm not sure what about.
Yes. When cats complain it usually means they are unsatisfied about exactly one thing out of thousands of possibilities, and you are somehow supposed to figure the whole thing out. My dog is the same way: she will sit there and look at me, and then we have to go through the guessing game: "outside?" "treats?" "water?" "squirrel?" "someone is in the driveway?". By the time I figure it out though, the dog has long forgotten what the whole intention was in the first place.

Calebz

Reaction score
No, but I always wanted my very own Tilt-A-Whirl. I have the space and could have gotten a used one for $240,000 a few years ago. My wife sat me down, gave me a slice of cake and a glass of milk, and said "no, you're not buying a Tilt-A-Whirl". Today, whenever I walk down the street, people point at me and say, "look! there's that guy who wanted a Tilt-A-Whirl but his wife said no".
I know that feeling. My son wanted a cow to live on our terrace. I had just been offered a smoking deal on a slightly used milk cow, so I began preparing.

My wife gently intervened and canceled the project.

Now all my neighbors think I'm whipped.😔

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious, Vin, why is a flap out of the question? The Yorkie is about the same format? I mean, there are RFID collar tags so the flap can selectively let animals through, but I can't speak from experience.

Totally agree on not being trained here. I'm a dog person, myself and I love 'em to bits, but there are rules and those rules don't get broken very often. My rules are lax enough as it is, I think. I don't mind the dogs claiming my bed during the daytime, but no chew-toys on there (ever woken up with something hard and sharp stuck to your back?). Couch is fair game, but they have to slide over when I want to sit down. Barking at the mailman, pizza delivery guy is cool, but just a warning, no need to perform an opera every time. Begging at the table is a no-no, but silently hanging around and hoping is OK. You get the drift... :blah:
I don't want to be breakin' out the saw's-all and cuttin' holes in the house.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
My garage is right outside my kitchen door. The garage also has a stairwell to the basement. I used to have a cat named Mouse because when I first got her she fit inside my hand. But she grew up and got fat so I called her Moose, and Moose was basically a basement kitty. She would sleep on the old couch in the basement all day and night. (This was an older couch, not the one on my deck where I take pictures of my guitars.)

Anyway, Moose got old and passed away a couple of years ago (I miss ol' Moosey), and since I could not ever be catless, I got a new cat. She's a rescue or whatever. Mostly a Russian Blue. I forget the name they gave her, but I call her Kitteh-Kitteh. Kitteh-Kitteh is not a basement kitty, but her shetbox and food dish are out in the garage. She says "reow" when she wants to go out and she says "reow" when she wants to come back in. But now Kitteh-Kitteh is giving me a hard time because she constantly wants to go out and come in like every 26.5 seconds and it is driving me absotively NUTS. Reow, reow, reow - it's all I hear day and night and night and day and night. Also, night and day. And night.

What should I do. Installing a door flap is out of the question.

Also, this cat spies on me. But we'll talk about that later.
Take the cat to the vet, she might have a UTI.