MXR Hendrix mini pedals

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by Wildeman, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

Anybody tried these, theres a B.O.G. fuzz, Fuzzface, Univibe and Octavio. I'm not getting much i can relate to from the YouTube demo's so just seein if there's any real world users here. The vibe and Octo are pretty interesting to me, i hate trying pedals in stores but might have to.

2. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

Well I bought an el cheapo uni vibe made by Nu X called the Monterey Vibe.
    It and I imagine all do significantly change your amps voice ( I guess it's supposed to?)
    Thing is uni-vibe has limited uses in terms of songs to be played.
    My palette is very limited so I'm thinking Hendrix and Trower.
    If you're doing your own " atmospheric" thing more power to ya.
    :2c:
    BP

3. Wildeman

Wildeman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've had vibes before and they are definitely to be used sparingly, thats why the mini aspect is cool to me. I can put a few oddballs on my board in the space of one.
    My Hardwire trem does a nice Univibe but it's also my main trem which i use quite a bit and i don't like messing with it's settings too much, sometimes it's hard to get it back.

BanditPanda likes this.
  4. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

A true double pulse heartbeat vibe is the complete opposite of a Dunlop Uni-vibe offerings, which is a swirly phaser. YMMV

5. Biff Maloy

Biff Maloy Well-Known Member

I have the BOG. I haven't been able to get on with it for the most part. Could just be me as in all my years stringin i still struggle with setting up a fuzz. I can get lucky and get it right, turn everything off, come back 24 hours later and it sounds like shit. I think these devices are alive and morph like Covid. In fact I'm due another run at it. But, my most successful is my Throbak Fuzz Haze which probably isn't a fair comparison to the Dunlop.

6. purpleplexi

purpleplexi Well-Known Member

Fuzzes can be like that esp germanium but IIRC the B O G is silicon which is supposed to be pretty stable. Like a nice muff myself.

Silverdome likes this.
  7. Silverdome

Silverdome Member

I have a 90's red Fuzz Face and I like it a lot. I had a Hendrix wah from the 90's that thought was an amazing wah that I gifted to a friend. Would like to buy one of their Silicon fuzzes at a some point. Gearmandude has good demos of their fuzzes that are worth checking out.

8. Silverdome

Silverdome Member

Fuzzes are finicky and don't always get along with other pedals in the chain and the results can differ dramatically from guitar to guitar. My fuzzfaces get along with my strat and my tonebender loves the Les Paul. Messing with the volume on the guitar can change the results a lot as well. Players like Page and Hendrix had loud rigs, with the volume dialed back on the guitars and had so many ranges of tones as they raised the volume or changed the pickup selector.

purpleplexi likes this.