Musicians Friend Customer Service email address?

Discussion in 'Retail Row' started by DadDadDaddyo, Jan 24, 2021.

1. DadDadDaddyo

DadDadDaddyo New Member

Maybe my browsing skills are slipping, but I can't seem to locate an email address for Musicians Friend's Customer Service desk on their website.

Does anyone have it and can post it? I'd like to send them an email.

Their AI-based chat service is not prepared to handle the kind of question I have. It's a classic "in between" kind of concern I want to write about. It's not a about initiating a return, it's not covered by their FAQ (indeed, we can add this to the list of "Frequently Unanswered Questions"...), it's just something I need to let them know about.

And here's what it is; I've just received an "Open Box" JVM410H from them. It's fine, it made it, but this amp arrived intact despite what's undeniably the WORST packing job I've ever seen from a retailer that wants to be taken seriously.

It was packed bare, in a single layer corrugated cardboard box, with some wadded paper around the top, sides, and bottom, but no protection at all on the front or back of the amp, which were both in direct contact with the cardboard itself. Both the front and back box surfaces had split open. I was able to tear the box open by reaching into the split with my fingers, touching the bare amp.

I accepted the amp from the shipper on the strength of the return policy published on the Musicians Friend website, unpacked it, crossed my fingers, and plugged it in for an immediate test...

And it performed perfectly, passed with flying colors. Channels, functions, all perfect, the Tolex, perfect, not even marred or scratched at all by this shambles of a packing job. That the amp survived this treatment is testament to the ruggedness of the design, construction and materials of this Marshall amp. So the amp has taken its place in the stable, alongside my 1958, my 2061x, and my Astoria Custom. It survived to join the gang, despite the worst, and I mean the worst, packing job I've ever seen from any retail dealer, even from any amateur eBay seller.

I think Musicians Friend needs to know that paying customers form judgements from such experiences.

Thank goodness, they build 'em tough in Bletchley...

Old Punker likes this.
  2. RCM 800

RCM 800 Well-Known Member

Im done with them. They sent what was supposed to be a new dinky that was not factory packed and missing the wrenches and floyd bar and covered in some black goo. I cleaned it up, did a setup, had to level a fret, but since it sounds great decided to keep it. 5 calls later (they promised to resolve the missing stuff each time) nothing. No call backs, no emails and no action on the missing items. F- them theyre going to go the way of the dodo. I mean how hard is it to throw a couple wrenches and a bar in a snail mail bag?

Old Punker and johnny q like this.
  3. johnny q

johnny q Well-Known Member

I will pile on as well - I will never order anything from them again for the exact same reasons as everyone else. Screw them/damn them to hell!

Old Punker likes this.
  4. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

I used to like them cuz they were tax free, not any more so no reason to use them these days.

They shipped me a faded SG in a cardboard box with NO padding what so ever, just bouncing around in a box. It got here in 1 piece but it had to be a miracle! And they shipped the hard shell case in a separate box, go figure! :shrug:

tce63 and Old Punker like this.
  5. Old Punker

Old Punker Well-Known Member

^^ :wtf:

tce63, RCM 800 and pedecamp like this.
  6. Old Punker

Holy crap! After hearing about all the horrible packing jobs I don't think I will order anything of value from them again, especially since here in Canada, the last part of the delivery is done by dogsled.

[​IMG]

So which online retailers still do a decent job?

Sapient likes this.
  7. RCM 800

I havent had any problems with sweetwater yet. Never needed to use their customer service so I dont know about that.

johnny q and Old Punker like this.
  8. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Sweetwater's customer service will kiss your ass if there's a problem and fix it. IME.

Old Punker and tce63 like this.
  9. tce63

tce63 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

WTF ?

But :welcome: to the forum

Cheers :cheers:

Old Punker and Sapient like this.
  10. DadDadDaddyo

DadDadDaddyo New Member

Thanks for your welcome, and for all the replies...

I agree with the above remarks; Sweetwater seems to show a genuine regard for getting it right, getting back to you, following up, making things right. It makes this thread feels like a set-up for them, but it's not.

Although maybe, in fact, the way we see stuff show up fast, well packed, no hassles, from outfits like Sweetwater, B&H, for that matter, Amazon, has raised the bar for our expectations. Maybe the smaller vendors are still coming back from COVID, I don't know. That said, I'd rather it take longer but be gotten right than jammed in a box and out the door the way this was...

This will be my second JVM410. One passed through my hands a few years ago but didn't make much of an impression in terms of the tone I was chasing at the time - I was very much in a non-Master Volume frame of mind at the time. That period also saw a Vintage Modern come through my hands - I wish I'd kept that one... I'll have to chase down another at some point, although in a lot of ways, the Astoria Custom is there to scratch my KT66 itch...

Old Punker likes this.
  11. Biff Maloy

Biff Maloy Well-Known Member

Bought quite a bit over the years from Sweetwater. Not one issue with them. The rep i have is always engaging in emails. My 2061CX got nicked in shipping. Wasn't their fault but they still gave me a credit.

FutureProf88 and Old Punker like this.
  12. Sapient

Sapient Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

If I have any problems with Sweetwater I always CC Chuck (Surack). Things go silent then somehow magically the issue gets resolved.

Old Punker likes this.
  13. Old Punker

Looks like it'll be Sweetwater for me then, for stuff that I can't get locally.

Thanks guys! :)

Sapient likes this.
  14. FutureProf88

FutureProf88 Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with Musicians Friend. My rep emails or calls me every couple of months and checks on how things are going, and the stuff I have ordered from them has typically arrived quickly and has been well-packed. I'm really sorry that you had such a bad experience!

15. RCM 800

You should tell your rep they are dropping the ball of late lol. I shouldnt have to call 5 times to resolve any issue.

16. FutureProf88

FutureProf88 Well-Known Member

Why not call your rep? You have one somewhere. They are geographic. Just make an account, put your address and phone number and wait for the phone to ring.

17. RCM 800

I called 5 reps lol.

18. lespaul339

lespaul339 Well-Known Member

Sweetwater only for me. I've had way too many issues in the past with mf.

19. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

SW for me too!:agreed:

20. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

I'd go w/Sweetwater ... you know, if they ever had any decent inventory.