Multiple Amps on Stage- how?

VERVEHAMMER

Reaction score
What is the Marshall Forum's opinion of the Framptone Amp Switcher?

...or the Mesa Boogie High Gain Amp Switcher?

Any happy owners?

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score

About 43:00 in, you'll see the white head sitting down low around the back side of his backline. It would be tough to tell which or how many heads and cabs were in use.

ozzy should have fought to keep jake. best guitar hes had over all.
best guitar tone as well. sad thing, jake headed down the neck of a bottle
and resurfaced 25 yrs later a shadow of his former self.

Last edited:

El Gringo

Reaction score
Very tempted, but I am always running a 3 amp configuration in a now DWD set up.
But I honestly think I need to reverse the order and do it again ha ha. Now that would be brutal because I need to crank the Origins a bit more. My entire neighborhood would have to listen..
Cheers
Mitch
That would be sharing the joy !

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
That's just silly IMO. Why would someone want the schlepp a bunch of amps and cabs around just for stage props? That stuff ain't exactly light!
Most are empty boxes so not as heavy. Young folk expect the look of stacked cabs all over the stage.

This old guy likes it too for the bombast, even if I know it's for show <--- and the SHOW is what it's about :band:

Last edited:

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
ozzy should have fought to keep jake. best guitar hes had over all.
best guitar tone as well. sad thing, jake headed down the neck of a bottle
and resurfaced 25 yrs later a shadow of his former self.
Jake is a BEAST!

I have always and will continue to say Ozzy and Sharon deserve a throat chop for how they screwed Jake over. Moreso Sharon - she knew what she was doing...I doubt Ozzy knew what day it was. Ozzy probably had a lucid moment sometime later and was like "what do ya mean I need a new guitar player? WTF happened to this one? Boat crash?"

Guess it was a common practice back then to treat guitar players/riff writers like garbage. There was a reason Vivian Campbell was pissed at Dio for so long and wouldn't play the music.

DaDoc

Reaction score
Most are empty boxes so not as heavy. Young folk expect the look of stacked cabs all over the stage.

This old guy likes it too for the bombast, even if I know it's for show <--- and the SHOW is what it's about :band:

Yeah, I know..And I have to admit it DOES look cool!

Still seems kinda redundant to me, I would want my road crew to be working on more important stuff than lugging a bunch of empty cabs around..Not to mention the room they would take up!

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Jake was pretty awesome , as I had seen Ozzy with Jake a few times and never missed Ozzy when he came around .
I went and saw Ozzy on the original "No More Tours" tour. I was late on rent so I could get tickets.

I've refused to see him the i don't know how many times since. I never believe anybody on their "final" tour anymore. How many have come back saying "I missed it too much", when in reality they need a boost to the bank account.

El Gringo

Reaction score
I went and saw Ozzy on the original "No More Tours" tour. I was late on rent so I could get tickets.

I've refused to see him the i don't know how many times since. I never believe anybody on their "final" tour anymore. How many have come back saying "I missed it too much", when in reality they need a boost to the bank account.
OMG , the most lamest excuse to rake in the bucks as we are retiring , oops were coming back to give our fans one more chance to see us live . Like KISS , who are on what there second retirement/farewell tour . After awhile you get burned out from seeing the artist for the supposed last time in addition to your paying for tickets . Some bands like the Stones just keep coming around and collecting that money with the hidden premise of "this could be the last time " and all that crap . I kinda got burned out on all of that in the summer of 2019 and then the Pandemic happened and all of the discretionary funds went towards gear purchases which really gives me more pleasure than 2 hours of entertainment , as I can get more appreciation every time I plug in and play .

El Gringo

Reaction score
Well back in the old days late 60' early 70;s bands did use more amps on stage ' mainly because PA's then were small compared to today. Hendrix ' Alvin Lee' and others had huge stage volume. Mostly Marshalls daisy chained. I missed those days.
You and me both as that image is burned in my memory and it's a great memory as well and probably explains my love with Marshall .

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
OMG , the most lamest excuse to rake in the bucks as we are retiring , oops were coming back to give our fans one more chance to see us live . Like KISS , who are on what there second retirement/farewell tour . After awhile you get burned out from seeing the artist for the supposed last time in addition to your paying for tickets . Some bands like the Stones just keep coming around and collecting that money with the hidden premise of "this could be the last time " and all that crap . I kinda got burned out on all of that in the summer of 2019 and then the Pandemic happened and all of the discretionary funds went towards gear purchases which really gives me more pleasure than 2 hours of entertainment , as I can get more appreciation every time I plug in and play .
Kiss is on at least their 5th farewell. I think they are trying to break Cher's record.

Latest posts