More US Soldiers Committed Suicide Than Died in Combat 2010

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by scat7s, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Bloodrock

Bloodrock Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I admire anyone who is willing to put their life on the line for the greater good of our people. But at what cost and for what reason? At what point does it stop being heroic and start being sacrificial. The war in Iraq proved to be a total waste of lives...Is YOUR life any better or safter now because of it??? No not really...they weren't behind 911, and many soldiers died because of bad intelligence.
    My beef is with the way our government uses its people to do it's bidding and then discards them afterward. Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraq, they have all had tons of Vets coming back with health issues of all kinds and are getting kicked to the curb by our gevernment.
    A co-worker of mine went into the army several years ago and was sent to Iraq, only to return 4 months later, missing one leg due to an IED. So our gracious government gave him a check for a whopping $25,000 and a kick to the curb without any further benefits ever.
    Treating soldiers like disposable tissues is what I have an issue with. The soldiers themselves have more guts and balls than I will ever have in my life bro.

2. Blackie

Blackie Well-Known Member

... Look I agree the Iraq war was based on lies ..

.. I do not believe though .. that your buddy just got a one time payment and no further bennifits ... NAH ...THATS BULLSHIT ..

.. NOW YOU PROVE IT HAPPENED ..

.. I STILL HAVE BENIFITTS AND ALL MY ARMS AND LEGS ..

.. might not uh .. be all the way sane .. but .. ya know .. who is ..

.. I do know the VA system and how it works and what you have said is not true.

3. NewReligion

NewReligion Well-Known Member Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

I really do not want to start a debate so I am going to pass on the was/is it worth it BS.

However,,,,,,,your friend is entitled to more benefits (U.S. Military & V.A.) than just a check for $25,000. This I am sure as I know for a fact. It is horrible that he/she lost a leg and I hope they are coping as well as can be expected.

It is usually at this point that these conversations begin to turn ugly so I am out.

CaptainZero likes this.
  4. Blackie

.. Yeah .. NewR .. I hear ya .. there is no cause for us to argue .. and some of us know the deal .. and I should not even bother to talk to someone .. that is all .. well my buddy .. or I heard .. or .. whatever .. if ya ain't a Vet .. you don't know ..

NewReligion likes this.
  5. Bloodrock

Bloodrock Well-Known Member

All I know is what my co worker told me on that deal. As far as other vets getting the shaft, there are tons of documented cases of that. Im not trying to start bs. Just giving my opinion

NewReligion likes this.
  6. Blackie

.. Look .. we are all kind of almost on the same page .. at least the same book ..

.. YES VETERANS ALWAYS GET THE SHAFT .. ..

.. when .. all the general public has to do to show their support is to slap a little bumber sticker on the back their car ...

.. I SUPPORT THE TROOPS ... NOW GO SHOPPING ..

.. YEAH .. well thats quite the sacrifice and a worthy show of allegience.

7. Bieling3

Bieling3 Well-Known Member

Definitely entitled to way more in benefits than that. I was lucky. I left active duty in April 2004. Was awarded 20% disability and was receiving a check every month by June. My brother got out a year and a half later and it took him 14 months to get his disability processed. The system got flooded. I've never heard of anyone getting a lump sum, but then again I'm not an expert at these things. If I were Bloodrock's friend I'd go to the nearest VA hospital and be reevaluated.

The debate that should be had is not whether Iraq was a mistake, hell even most Republicans know that now:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky-ts5bYBdo]GOP Congressmen Admit Most Republicans Think Iraq War Was a Mistake - YouTube[/ame]

The debate that needs to be had is why, having learned the lessons that I hope we have learned from our involvement in Iraq, are we still meddling in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen, and who knows how many other foreign countries affairs?!

Washington's Farewell Address

Eisenhower's farewell address

8. Blackie

... Viet the Fucking Nam .. what the fuck .. is with the repeating of history you say ?

.. WELL SON ..

... THATS BIG MONEY ... AND NOTHING ELSE ..

.. NO CONCERN FOR NATIONAL SECURITY OR ANY OTHER BULLSHIT .

. TO DO WITH PATRIOTISM OR THE FLAG ..

BLAH BLAH BLAH

.. KA FUCKING CHING ..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ahDHwYWg8E[/ame]

9. Johnny Blade

Johnny Blade New Member

I blame the government...grrrrrr
    I lost my brother last year from an IED in afganistan.
    I wrote a song about him, I dont have a very good version, just a video of when I was still writing it. I posted it anyways. Its called Guns...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnTW5F0VeWE[/ame]

NewReligion and Blackie like this.
  10. Blackie

.. Still Here But Feel All Gone ..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP5CrKOU3Fg]BLK7 - YouTube[/ame]

11. Bieling3

Bieling3 Well-Known Member

12. scat7s

scat7s New Member VIP Member

great great quotes bieling, wise....and sadly ignored by most people.

damn. i kinda wish i didnt post this, i didnt mean to get everyone down...but ummm, i guess the passion of the moment when i read it, it hit me.