More Friedman Zep clips

tallcoolone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
@tallcoolone
you seen the ZEP in a box pedal yet?
The only “Zep pedal” I’ve liked in front of a breathing British type amp is the Skreddy Major—and your amp better not be breathing too hard for that one. Kicks a mild Marshall tone into upper mid grind-y heaven.

”In a box” pedals are usually meant for relatively clean, flat base amp tones IMO so that usually counts me out but I’m intrigued—tell me more! I love the Keeley Dark Side

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Played one of our fav places last weekend and it just wasn’t in the cards—Celtics playoff game and the start of NH school vacation turned the 200 person room into a 40-50 person room. Luckily one of those was one of our fav people YouTube’s @grateful Doug George and as always he shot some fun video. Which was xtra cool b/c 4hrs before the show my new Kauer Banshee arrived on the FedEx truck!

I think besides being a little tubby the Twin Sister sounds pretty good here. And how cool is that guitar?

I just watched a little , got to get back and watch the rest. Great tone and playing but the video effects made me dizzy . Lol

tallcoolone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched a little , got to get back and watch the rest. Great tone and playing but the video effects made me dizzy . Lol
Yeah pretty lo-fi and def spastic, I can’t fault you for not hanging on haha!

I think he live streamed Dazed and Confused and possibly was tripping on mushrooms lol.

Last edited:

tallcoolone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Had it for 2 days then went back. I am not a fuzz guy at all so I’m prob not the best person to ask but that one was extra spitty and IIRC had a noticeable volume drop as well. I thought my Vick’s Audio and JHS Bender did the early Page stuff much better. Listening to a little of that vid I agree with my decision, aside from the solo break in WLL I would have zero call for that tone.

IMO signature Jimmy Page is Les Paul —> wah—>EP—>Marshall.

tallcoolone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one at the top of the thread, "Rock and Roll".
Maybe compared to the studio version? On songs they played live we usually try to cop as much of that vibe as we can—you will prob think we do Stairway slow as well.

pedecamp

Reaction score
Played one of our fav places last weekend and it just wasn’t in the cards—Celtics playoff game and the start of NH school vacation turned the 200 person room into a 40-50 person room. Luckily one of those was one of our fav people YouTube’s @grateful Doug George and as always he shot some fun video. Which was xtra cool b/c 4hrs before the show my new Kauer Banshee arrived on the FedEx truck!

I think besides being a little tubby the Twin Sister sounds pretty good here. And how cool is that guitar?

Aha, I see youre playing the new JP signature Firebird :applause:

tallcoolone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts