Mesa Mini 25

ShatteredVitreous

Reaction score
Hi all

I am a big fan of my Marshall amps owning the SC20H & 2525H. I have a guitar up for sale and I have been offered a Mesa 25 in exchange.

As a big fan of 90s music, mainly Grunge and I do love Soundgarden's big fat distortion, it has been an amp that appeals to me.

I know a Mark V would be ideal for that era of music, but I wondered what people's opinions are on this amp?

Cheers.

Mike

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I had a Mini Recto 25 for a few years. It really punched!! I only got rid because channel 1 in Push mode wasn't enough gain for me, I am more old school metal.
So I wound up having to push it with a pedal, I prefer the simplicity of letting the amp do the work. That said, it was really a fun loud little amp. Channel 2 has more than enough gain and I suspect it could cover grunge well.

ShatteredVitreous

Reaction score
What guitar are you going to trade? On a side note.. which amp do you like better? the 2525 or the SC20?
Its an LTD EC-1001CTM, beautiful guitar.

The SC20 for me is a much better amp. Don't get me wrong the 2525h is great, but I very rarely use it. I prefer the clean when rolling back the guitar volume when in the high input on the SC20 over the clean on the 2525.

I may sell the 2525.

ShatteredVitreous

Reaction score
I had a Mini Recto 25 for a few years. It really punched!! I only got rid because channel 1 in Push mode wasn't enough gain for me, I am more old school metal.
So I wound up having to push it with a pedal, I prefer the simplicity of letting the amp do the work. That said, it was really a fun loud little amp. Channel 2 has more than enough gain and I suspect it could cover grunge well.
Thank you for your reply.

Wherw would you say the pushed mode got you too with and without an overdrive pushing the front end.

wakjob

Reaction score
Might as well have something different you know... why not?

But be warned, I've never heard a Recto. of any kind that sounded great on anything but a Mesa cab with Mesa branded V30's.

Deftone

Reaction score
Never heard a bad Mesa and never heard a bad word about the Recto 25. High quality, robust amps. I have a Single Recto 50w Mesa I run in stereo with my Marshalls and it sounds amazing. I'll bet it would kill with either of yours. I'd make that trade.

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great little amp. Likes v30s. They are selling for $1500 new now. $900-$1000+ used. I'd make the trade.

I bought one 6mo. Ago for $700 with the bag, fs, and all the manuals. They have gone up since then.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

Wherw would you say the pushed mode got you too with and without an overdrive pushing the front end.
I honestly can't remember. But if the SC20 is preferred to you over the 2525 then I would say Clean channel Push is plenty for you!! I have the Lynch Mod in my Sc20 or I use an OD up front to push it more.
Good trade, I say!

Willsy182

Reaction score
Never heard a bad Mesa and never heard a bad word about the Recto 25. High quality, robust amps. I have a Single Recto 50w Mesa I run in stereo with my Marshalls and it sounds amazing. I'll bet it would kill with either of yours. I'd make that trade.
I have the same Mesa and run it stereo with my JVM, absolutely killer!

OP, I would 1000% make this trade