Medical Insurance question

Adieu

Reaction score
It's like the Denny's of healthcare.

Chain, everything from them, frickin everywhere, "premium"-ish veneer in the dude forks and tablecloths sense, etc.

They got some weird play where they act as your pharmacist too iirc. Not sure how mandatory that is, but seemed pretty odd and clashing with their veneer of low-end premiumness.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Dennys-Launches-New-Slam-It-Double-Moons-Over-My-Hammy-And-New-Signature-Skookie.jpg

Vinsanitizer

Kitteh!!
Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
(post is messed up in database or bug in code.)

Issue report:

After pasting an image from local PC Windows applications such as Snipping Tool, user is unable to perform the following actions on the image after posting:

Replace the image
Add additional images

Last edited:

AtomicRob

Reaction score
As to whether or not Kaiser is "good" depends a lot on the coverage that you have with them, so the satisfaction rating probably doesn't mean much overall because it includes individuals who pay a lot of money for not great coverage.

If you're getting it through an employer who is a large multi-national corp with awesome coverages, it's pretty great that no matter what you do it costs like $20. Office visit? $20. Fill a prescription? $20. Need some surgery? $20. Having a baby? $20.

Of course our friends outside the USA are probably just shaking their heads at all this...

Sapient

 
Reaction score
As to whether or not Kaiser is "good" depends a lot on the coverage that you have with them, so the satisfaction rating probably doesn't mean much overall because it includes individuals who pay a lot of money for not great coverage.

If you're getting it through an employer who is a large multi-national corp with awesome coverages, it's pretty great that no matter what you do it costs like $20. Office visit? $20. Fill a prescription? $20. Need some surgery? $20. Having a baby? $20.

Of course our friends outside the USA are probably just shaking their heads at all this...

You're welcome.

Last edited:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
I'm hating United Healthcare right now. Mr. Seavall, your 2021 deductible is $2800.

Got it, how come you've banged my credit card for $4408 and counting, then?

Crickets.

I had them and they were like 8K deductible. I needed a sleep test and the denied it. It's ok though, in the game my role is to take it up the ass and like it. With a sock in my mouth, mind you. So, I'll say no more.

It's on me!!! Weeee!!!
wd.png

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
the use to be the bomb back when i had them.
Well, I'm used to my deductible being paid by the end of March every year, the meds I'm on are expensive for cholesterol, etc.

But I also know when the dildo deductible is usually retracted...not this year. I deleted my automatic credit card payment today. That's going to get their attention next month when they try to autobill me for another 90 days of meds, that they just billed me for 3 weeks ago, and they have no credit card to bang.

That's when I figure someone will call me to discuss the overcharging.

Mourguitars

Reaction score
I have aetna/CVS now and use there pharmacy that ive always used anyways for years...i havent had a problem in 3 years...no bills that suddenly show up that you owe this amount please pay now....nothing

But......

when i had FL Blue....my gosh what a nightmare same with Humana ...had to pretty much pay my 5K deductible up front before they would even look at at me....then the hidden bills showed up

I feel for ya Ric , just dealing with these insurance Companys will make you ill...personally i think they want that or to stop trying

Mr Scumback Speakers ....have you tried GoodRX for your scripts ?

Mike

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
I use GoodRX when I can, but the crap I'm on is a "specialty" medication and only available for insurance coverage from a couple of pharmacies.

I did track down $1600 plus worth of overpayments, and I've been reimbursed for $729 so far, but there's still $900 to go. It's amazing how tough it is to get a rep on the phone when they owe me.