McDonald's samiches are getting smaller

Vinsanitizer

Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive also noticed some beer bottles sporting 11 ounces these days as well. My $7 10 pound bag of bird food is now a $10 7 pound bag of bird food, go figure! :scratch:
Is it really true that 12oz. beverages may be going to 11oz. ?

Vinsanitizer

VIP Member
Reaction score
How does eating food that kills you add up to living?
Ok you’ve presented the conundrum-now you unravel it.
Ok, well first of all, your body does need sugar, sodium, calories and fat to survive. Second, do you really believe that eating at McDonald's a few times a year is going to - as you say - "kill" you? Because if you're going to go that route, then you must be the Superman of eating only non-GMO foods that are either picked off a tree, pulled out of the ground, or freshly killed yourself. Because, anything that's not strictly "farm-to-table", has been touched by the humans, and therefore cannot be pure. Have you ever had a slice of pizza and a Coke? Drank an alcoholic beverage? Eaten a candy bar or a small bag of chips? Have you ever had a peanut butter and jelly (i.e.; sugar, fat and salt) sandwich on white bread? Have you ever eaten domestic tuna? How about a bowl of commercial cereal? What about synthetic vitamins, ever take any of those? What about the quality of the air you breathe? Have you ever taken a vaccine that contains human baby fetuses and ape DNA material? (Scratch that last one there, that was a mistake.)

Your move.

1653220101083.jpeg

Last edited:

-BOOGIEMAN-

Reaction score
May sound strange, but IHOP and Denny’s have pretty good burgers and were priced somewhat reasonably, but I haven’t been to either since this Covid shit hit…no tellin about the pricing now…
:nutkick:

Trelwheen

Made With Real Bacon
Reaction score
Vin, if you ever come visit I'll throw you in the truck and take you round to Dylan's

Great big ol' upscale bar and grill, kinda reminds me of Cheers....

When you order a burger, first they going to ask you what kind of bun you want. (They'll toast it for you with butter) And if you want cheese, they'll ask you what kind of cheese you want too (I get pepper jack). They hand-spank the sizeable beef patty and charcoal grill it to your specification. Several whole slices of thick cut bacon if you want it....

It arrives on your plate sliced in half, with toothpicks holding the buns on top, crisp cold lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles peeking out....you wanted those onions grilled? Ok

Big pile of tasty steak fries. Or onion rings. Don't even get me started on the onion rings....

The beer has tiny shards of ice in the first few swigs

The waitresses have nice booties ....big screen TVs everywhere, grab a remote and watch what you want in your corner. Take a bite of that fat-ass burger. Are you glad you came to see me?

:headbanger:

Screenshot_20220522-103904~01~01.png

Last edited:

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to imagine that there are still people who don’t understand this:

Being overweight has literally nothing to do with the food you consume … rather, it’s tied into a combination of overconsumption along with an inactive lifestyle away from the table. If you are taking on more calories than you are burning off, you are going to have problems. It’s really that simple. The reverse is also true, in that if you are not taking in as many calories as you are burning off, you’re gonna have a problem.

Enjoy that Big Mac meal, and then enjoy a nice walk!

pedecamp

Reaction score
Ok, well first of all, your body does need sugar, sodium, calories and fat to survive. Second, do you really believe that eating at McDonald's a few times a year is going to - as you say - "kill" you? Because if you're going to go that route, then you must be the Superman of eating only non-GMO foods that are either picked off a tree, pulled out of the ground, or freshly killed yourself. Because, anything that's not strictly "farm-to-table", has been touched by the humans, and therefore cannot be pure. Have you ever had a slice of pizza and a Coke? Drank an alcoholic beverage? Eaten a candy bar or a small bag of chips? Have you ever had a peanut butter and jelly (i.e.; sugar, fat and salt) sandwich on white bread? Have you ever eaten domestic tuna? How about a bowl of commercial cereal? What about synthetic vitamins, ever take any of those? What about the quality of the air you breathe? Have you ever taken a vaccine that contains human baby fetuses and ape DNA material? (Scratch that last one there, that was a mistake.)

Your move.

View attachment 108314
You should be on your new motor scooter getting excercise!

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
I agree that McD sandwiches are getting smaller, but I have mixed feelings about this. One the one hand, I think it's a great idea to force people into thinking about portion size and perhaps reducing that big a$$ gut a tiny bit. On the other hand, it's not such a great idea if the price is going to remain the same or even increase in some cases.

But if you looking for reason, I can offer only one of a several possible reasons: inflation. Ofcourse people can talk about the root causes of this particular inflation episode, but inflation is the end result of what we're dealing with right now. Sh*t been expensive and probably stay that way for awhile y'all, so some companies gotta give you less in an effort to keep prices from getting out of hand. If places like McD gave you the same portion size pre-pandemic, it's probably gonna cost you more now than what it did pre-pandemic.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score

Your move.

View attachment 108314

Eat what you want. Its your body. But if you’re
obese, lathargic and a downright blight on your cities landscape, then its time for tune-up.

Deftone

Reaction score
I rarely go to McDonald's but every time I do I'm disgusted. Not just the puny sized burgers, the food is horrible. I had a Chicken Sandwich and the chicken was like a piece of rubber. No exaggeration, the consistency and texture of the chicken was closer to rubber than meat. Almost no flavor either. Horrible.

Everything is getting smaller. Hostess cupcakes for example.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
obese, lathargic and a downright blight on your cities landscape, then its time for tune-up.

You’re referring to lifestyle rather than diet. If you’re obese / lethargic, that’s about your behavior away from the dining table. This is especially true with kids … if you feed your kid a Happy Meal, and then sit them down on the couch with an iPad, you’re not going to have a kid as healthy as the neighbor who gives their kid a Happy Meal, and then takes them to the park to run around getting exercise. The same is true with older kids and adults.

Vinsanitizer

VIP Member
Reaction score
When you say "you", was that directed toward me, or was it directed outward in a general sense? I'm asking, because sometimes when I say "you", I don't always mean "you personally", I'm directing it outward.

Vinsanitizer

VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be on your new motor scooter getting excercise!
I gave it to my wife... scooter's aren't really my thing. I ride my TREK 7.1 bike, especially lately, now that the weather's been nice. :)

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
I rarely go to McDonald's but every time I do I'm disgusted. Not just the puny sized burgers, the food is horrible. I had a Chicken Sandwich and the chicken was like a piece of rubber. No exaggeration, the consistency and texture of the chicken was closer to rubber than meat. Almost no flavor either. Horrible.

Everything is getting smaller. Hostess cupcakes for example.

Their packaging stays the same size though.

Eat healthy not abundantly is my motto.
When you say "you", was that directed toward me, or was it directed outward in a general sense? I'm asking, because sometimes when I say "you", I don't always mean "you personally", I'm directing it outward.

If you play the semantics card, you can hold off answering my question ONLY for another day.

Last edited:

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
You’re referring to lifestyle rather than diet. If you’re obese / lethargic, that’s about your behavior away from the dining table. This is especially true with kids … if you feed your kid a Happy Meal, and then sit them down on the couch with an iPad, you’re not going to have a kid as healthy as the neighbor who gives their kid a Happy Meal, and then takes them to the park to run around getting exercise. The same is true with older kids and adults.

Kids get away with a lot. They're usually very active. And their bodies perform quick repair to injury of the body etc. I'm more referring to the older folk who complain of chronic gout, insulin resistance etc. but nevertheless eat to the detriment of their health and then whine on forums, but don't take advice.

dragonvalve

Reaction score
Everybody is cheating these days...

anything that's not strictly "farm-to-table", has been touched by the humans, and therefore cannot be pure...Have you ever taken a vaccine...
DNA-REPLICATING-Copy.gif

Transition
Transmission
Transition
Transmission

Oh, my TVC 15
Uh oh, TVC 15

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

VIP Member
Reaction score
Their packaging stays the same size though.

Eat healthy not abundantly is my motto.

If you play the semantics card, you can hold off answering my question ONLY for another day.
And if you avoid properly answering my question, you'll be able to avoid my honest answer. Anyway, we should move on from this now. ;)

Latest posts