Marshalls in the U.S. in 1967!?

danfrank

Reaction score
Manny's was the go to music store in NYC, does anyone here know the name of the popular music store that was in San Francisco/Bay Area in the mid-late '60s? They were selling Marshalls in mid-late 1967, Blue Cheer bought their Marshalls in the later part of 1967 from that store. Sorry, I can't remember that store's name at the moment.

racerxrated2

Reaction score
I have a 3 switch, white window serial #101xx JMP50T. Was modded, then put back to stock but those mustards date to the early 70s. The Trem board does seem original with the one mustard from 67 with D7 code. But I have to get a small dental mirror for the pots.

neikeel

Reaction score
I have a 3 switch, white window serial #101xx JMP50T. Was modded, then put back to stock but those mustards date to the early 70s. The Trem board does seem original with the one mustard from 67 with D7 code. But I have to get a small dental mirror for the pots.
Pics?

neikeel

Reaction score
Ah that one! Looks like late 67/early 68
Have you had chance at restoration or does it sound good as is?

racerxrated2

Reaction score
Ah that one! Looks like late 67/early 68
Have you had chance at restoration or does it sound good as is?
It sounds really good! Got that clarity, harmonics, feel of a nice vintage amp....but I am interested in what you would charge for a restoration! The back panel is the issue; no idea how one would get another made. But for me as a player I'd be happy if you would put the period correct parts in...give me a shout with an estimate if you are interested!

Latest posts