Marshall Studio Prices.....

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by mrichard27, Oct 1, 2021.

1. LCW

LCW Well-Known Member

Hehe… tit for tat apparently… some distributor should intervene and figure a way to import Mesa for less to the UK and Marshalls for less to the US. That’s where the greed is… distributorship.

Example is ENGL vs Diezel in the US. ENGL are distributed through ESP I believe. Prices are reasonable. Diezels have no distributors in the US or not a good one and the prices are ridiculous.

WellBurnTheSky and Ufoscorpion like this.
  2. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Well-Known Member

Corporations are not there to make you feel good. They exist to be as profitable as they can be. All of them. Not one corporation on the planet gives a flying shart about you. Is Gibson/Mesa greedy? Yup. Is Marshall? Yup. Is Fender? Yup. That is completely irrelevant. You (me, all of us) are the checks and balances—if what they are selling isn’t profitable, prices will drop and probably another profit center will be created. Maybe those golf cart Bluetooth speakers?

scozz, WellBurnTheSky and Ufoscorpion like this.
  3. Ufoscorpion

Ufoscorpion Well-Known Member

Yep , everyone wants to ‘earn’ a few quid but too many people/corporations are just plain greedy parasites .

4. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Corporations charge what the markets are willing to pay. If they charge too much markets respond.

Kim Lucky Day and tallcoolone like this.
  5. scozz

Business Administration 101,…

tallcoolone likes this.
  6. Ufoscorpion

Ufoscorpion Well-Known Member

Anyway, I don’t want or need a Marshall studio but if I did £650 ( $900 ) is actually pretty reasonable imo .

usablefiber and scozz like this.
  7. abkeller1

abkeller1 Active Member

I just looked at couldn't believe it. Last year they were $1300 in the past 6 months it's gone up $300. G.C has a 50 watt JCM 900 SL-X selling for $1300. Two years ago they had one near my house for $850. WTF?

scozz likes this.
  8. scozz

Prices are up on everything, wood is especially high now. I guess that drives up the price on stuff already in stock too.

I bought my SC20 new in 2019 for $1150

9. Edgar Frog

Edgar Frog Well-Known Member

Tons of stuff on the guitar market that hasn't increased in price and lots of it has gone down. Only a few things have went up in price. It just seems people are focused on the few things that went up. Everything on my wish lists are still the same price and other items I bought recently and was looking at long before are still the same. :shrug::thumb:

10. scozz

I’m seeing more than a few things going up, inflation is real and it’s with us for now. It’s a very real issue for people living on fixed incomes, and printing trillions of dollars will only exacerbate the situation. :cool:

11. Edgar Frog

Edgar Frog Well-Known Member

I'm on a fixed income myself so been keeping an eye on everything that I normally consume and everything I want to consume. I've been surprised so far at how much has stayed the same and how much is actually falling in price that I keep my eyes on all the time.

12. PowerTube44

PowerTube44 Well-Known Member

Here's the thing about Guitar Center, and I saw an example just a couple of days ago. They'll have an item listed as "Good" condition and priced at $1199.00. On the same page, they'll have another one, totally identical, listed as "Excellent," which is supposed to be two steps better, listed at $899.00. There's just no rhyme or reason as to how they price things.

Just this morning I posted on here about a 1960A cab in "Excellent" condition for $299.00 (someone already grabbed it). I usually see these going for $800.00 and up these days.

All in all, GC Used Gear isn't a great barometer for the market prices on much of anything.

13. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Well-Known Member

I paid £625 for my brand new 2525H (before they called them studios), but recently bought an SC20c for just over £600 ex-display. I barely use my 2525H or SV20H now though as I just like using the combo for it's 'grab and go'.

On the other hand I built my own Strat after looking at lots of very expensive Fenders and modified a MIM Jaguar rather than paying £1,900 for one in the colour/spec I wanted. I've given up on buying a new Gibson; I did buy an ex-display SG for a very good price 2 years ago, but I think that's it now.

14. Kolanti

Kolanti Well-Known Member

Just bought the SV20H limited edition the snake skin one for 700 euros second hand that still has all the tags from the store lol

15. Msharky67

Msharky67 Well-Known Member

Again they are not hand wired! I would hope people would be smart and not support the greed by buying gear at this time. Your just feeding the problem and not helping us who can't make our dreams happen. Like I said wait until spring when retailers start whining because there sales were bad and didn't get there bonuses. You chose this outcome. People stop buying because you failed to carry the items we wanted at the prices we wanted to pay. It will be a matter of time when online shopping catches up and everything crashes. I am saving my pennies for a better day.

16. lespaulsg

lespaulsg New Member

have any americans purchased a marshall from thomanns? At damn near half the price brand new, id get a transformer and call it a day

17. WellBurnTheSky

WellBurnTheSky Well-Known Member

And ? Is it supposed to make any difference ? No Soldano, Bogner, Suhr, Fryette, Diezel (and probably a few more) amps are hand-wired, and none of them are cheap (by a long shot). So ?

18. fitz288

fitz288 Well-Known Yinzer Silver Supporting Member

scozz likes this.
  19. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I'll buy what i want when i want and am not concerned one iota whether the guy across the street, across town or across the country can afford anything at all. My purchases don't rest on public opinion polls, and they also don't rest on whether the public opinion thinks the price too high/low/ or just right.

Marcomel79, faerdi and WellBurnTheSky like this.
  20. lespaulsg

lespaulsg New Member