Marshall Studio Prices.....

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by mrichard27, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Msharky67

Msharky67 Well-Known Member

I would hope there is an ounce of gold in those Studio's! For that price there better be. Its just a PC board. They are not hand wired. I remember when the 1987x's were $1800 for a while. I thought that was high. So does this make an MG15c worth $500?:scratch: I guess we shouldn't expect new models for a while because who is going to pay for it.

2. PowerTube44

PowerTube44 Well-Known Member

At lot of this isn't supply and demand at all. It's inflation, meaning that the dollar buys less, pure and simple. On top of that, add in the fact that the entire supply line was damaged by the COVID crap.

Trelwheen and scozz like this.
  3. scozz

scozz Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Hahaha! Is this true? It might be. At the very least we must give that impression, lol. Damn arrogant Americans! :fingersx:

WellBurnTheSky likes this.
  4. eastsidecincy

eastsidecincy Well-Known Member

I feel like I got a good deal on my Origin 20h I bought 2 years ago....since the price is now 100$ more...guess that was the time to buy...:jam:

5. dju

dju Active Member

I can see this being a possible problem. I have gotten a few things not as advertised but i just returned them. I had one item that was DOA. I got my shipping back as well on that one. 45 day return on items so if I get something that goes bad in that time back it goes.

dj

6. ultrataco

ultrataco Member

I haven't been paying attention or waiting on prices, I just haven't wanted one until recently for some reason. I guess I have seasonal GAS. :p

Well I already have an SV20h and an EVH 5150III 50w stealth so I sure don't need another rock/metal amp... but I just ordered an SC20h stealth anyway. :fever: It was used (I think a store demo) for about 1260 usd. Not exactly a steal but I'm a sucker for aesthetics and I think it looks cool. (though I think the logo could be more visible, maybe black chrome to match the knobs :hmm:) Also had to throw in a Boss SD-1 because apparently that's the pedal for these things. (I'll also try my maxon 808 and wampler tumnus)

Took all my will power to not order the matching SC212 stealth cab yet haha. I want to make sure I really like the amp first because if I don't keep the amp, I won't need the cab and a 212 will be hard to resell/ship. Plus, I already have the SV212 to try. My plan is go with greenbacks in the sc212 but I'll try a few speakers in my sv212. I have a greenback and a g12h 70th anniversary in the sv212 now and a couple V30s available (in other cabs). So I'm going to try various combinations of all those in the sv212 to decide if I want to keep the SC20 and get the sc212 and if so, what speakers to put in it. fun times.:)

oops, a bit off topic there sorry. :io:

7. LCW

LCW Well-Known Member

Will be curious to hear about your speaker trials in the SV212. I have a SC212 with stock V-Types which aren’t bad. May swap one for a G12M Greenback. Not sure yet.

tce63 and ultrataco like this.
  8. ken361

ken361 Well-Known Member

The dollar store even went up things are a couple bucks now lol :(

tce63 and scozz like this.
  9. Sacalait

Sacalait Well-Known Member

I bought my SV20 in 2019 and paid $1299. I bought my JVM205H in 2012 and paid $1499. Those are $2100 now! Glad I still have them!

10. Musicmaniac

Musicmaniac Well-Known Member

Wait another couple years and they'll be even more!

scozz likes this.
  11. ultrataco

ultrataco Member

I'm going to go with either 2 Vintage 30s or maybe a greenback and a V30. I haven't really deceided, but first I will go with a V30 and one of the stock V-Types since I only have a spare V30. My only greenback is in my other cab for the SV20.

I like the SC but I pretty much only use it for metal and a little bit of Slash style rock. And with the SD-1 pretty much always on. So v30s work a bit better for that. (more, tighter bass)

... while I'm wandering way off topic ...

I ended up with some weird settings on the SC, almost opposite of my SV.
    presence - 0-2
    bass - 8
    mid - 3-6 depending on what I'm playing
    treble - 10 (!?)
    master - 4
    preamp - 8

My SV is set pretty typical and coincidentally close to some jimmy page tone settings I've seen.
    Plugged straight into high treble channel.
    presence - 6-7
    bass - 2 or 3
    mid - 8
    treble - I think 6
    high treble loudness - 8
    normal loudness - unused

(Using a Toneking Ironman II Mini attenuator)

12. tincbtrar

tincbtrar Active Member

Don’t want to sound like that guy, but we had to expect inflation when the gov gives your tax money back to you in the form of a stimulus? As soon as they announced stimulus, I started buying everything I’d want for a long time.

Kim Lucky Day and tallcoolone like this.
  13. LCW

LCW Well-Known Member

I ended up going with this. Had it about a week now…

9C9C66E7-71EE-4828-8F74-906EF5790AB8.jpeg

73A1250A-2789-40E6-B370-32859B0686CA.jpeg

14. ultrataco

ultrataco Member

sweet, that's the setup I'm planning to start (and maybe end) with. You like the V-Type? It's been a long time since I heard mine with the SV, I forgot what they sound like. Supposed to be kinda v30+greeenback, which is basically what I think I want. I have a UK V30 but it's black and (according to previous owner) from the 90s. I don't know what it came out of but I really like it.

LCW likes this.
  15. LCW

LCW Well-Known Member

V-Types are great. More like V30/Creamback to my ear.

ultrataco likes this.
  16. Kev ATGNI

Kev ATGNI Member

LCW likes this.
  17. dju

dju Active Member

fyi..... I was in my local GC at lunch today. this price isn't on their website but they had a SC20h guitarathon price of $1199. I don't know if all GC's have this instore price though. just thought I would share this info in case anybody was interested.

scozz and LCW like this.
  18. usablefiber

usablefiber Active Member

Yeah, i absolutely want one of the studios for on the go practicing but it’s getting a bit much, especially with the Origin 20 being so much more affordable and that sounds good to my my ears so gonna go with that for now. at some point i’m defintely gonna want the studio plexi but let’s wait and see.

19. usablefiber

usablefiber Active Member

I don’t understand economics and import cost and inflation and all that but geeeeeez gear has gotten so expensive lately. The 1987x seems to have gone up by 1000 bucks in less than 10 years for some reason. The 800 especially seems overpriced.

But dang it I may bite the bullet on the studio at some point cause i want one lol.

20. Ufoscorpion

Ufoscorpion Well-Known Member

So if a mk V 25 in the UK is £1650 that’s $2275 , where does that put Mesa on the greed scale ?

Jethro Rocker likes this.