Marshall Studio Prices.....

GregM

Reaction score
Patriotic-Photo-Memorial-Day-Facebook-Post-3.jpg
I guess that sums up my chances of getting an SV20 and a Gibson Les Paul! I won't feel sorry for GC, MF, local music stores go bankrupt come spring time! They can stick it up there %$#! Now does everybody feel sorry for me now! Would you pay these amounts for anything. How about some apologies please! I rest my case!
How about ummmm, no!

mad5066

Reaction score
1300 is premium price for a small head. Import fees are sheet honestly, here in Europe a SV20 is about 800€ brand new.

Yeah, agreed crazy and it works the other way around too with fender and mesa etc., sucks but it is what it is I guess.

LCW

Reaction score
Stupidly sold a SC20H about a year and a half ago. Bought another today brand new - 1400. Ouch but worth it to me. Should have never sold the first one but now appreciate it more! Lol

Edit: I don’t know if the price hikes happened on 10/1 (like for Gibson) but I must have gotten lucky at 1399 new, because they are 1599 on GC and Sweetwater sites.

Last edited:

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I got my O20H for 3 bills & DSL20HR for 4, the studio heads were $1199.
I thought that was too much...
So glad I got what I got when I got it.
Yeah, me too fitz, I bought my SC20 from Sweetwater brand new for $1100.

The studio line came out in January 2019 and they were $1299 when released, not $1199

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, me too fitz, I bought my SC20 from Sweetwater brand new for $1100.

The studio line came out in January 2019 and they were $1299 when released, not $1199
There's been a SC20 on my local CL for months @ $1100.
upload_2021-10-2_23-16-3.png
If I got any of the studios, I think I'd go 2525H.
But with a few pedals, I get a lot of tones out of my $400 DSL20HR.
And I'm fairly sure I suck enough to not be able to notice the difference for triple the price.

Old Punker

Reaction score
Stupidly sold a SC20H about a year and a half ago. Bought another today brand new - 1400. Ouch but worth it to me. Should have never sold the first one but now appreciate it more! Lol

Edit: I don’t know if the price hikes happened on 10/1 (like for Gibson) but I must have gotten lucky at 1399 new, because they are 1599 on GC and Sweetwater sites.

I am curious, why did you sell the first one?

Msharky67

Reaction score
@Msharky67 here you go 1k studio sv20h, excellent condition at MF, so you can return it too.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/sea...r&fromRecentHistory=false&Ntt=marshall+studio

scroll to the bottom

welp already gone at 3:51PM EST, snooze ya lose

I won't pay any more than $950! I'm sorry but I have my standards. Same for guitars as well now. I will be saving up for the next 6 months. Or when retailers go out of business because they priced themselves out of it. Glad I bought my Origin20 and katana MKII this year. At least I am debt free.

anitoli

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Literally everything on the planet has been skyrocketing in price for 9 months. Every. Single. Thing.

But yeah, Marshall is just greedy :facepalm:
Not necessarily, i placed an order at Mouser for a bunch of parts and even the parts are going up. For example say for all the caps, diodes, resistors, ect in a particular amp build costs the company $150 two months ago but now the same parts cost $350 the price of your amp just went up. It's that simple.

tallcoolone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily, i placed an order at Mouser for a bunch of parts and even the parts are going up. For example say for all the caps, diodes, resistors, ect in a particular amp build costs the company $150 two months ago but now the same parts cost $350 the price of your amp just went up. It's that simple.
I agree and it isn’t at all about greed, I was being snarky lol. I mean just look around, you have to be pretty obtuse not to notice. It’s killing the construction industry—you bid a job and by the time you actually win it and need to purchase materials they have gone up 15%. Manufacturers are holding quotes for days instead of months. Labor is more of a question mark then ever before due to all the rules and regulations and mandates, and they are dying to impose more on us. Buckle up kids, it isn’t getting better any time soon.

Dee Mort

Reaction score
Vox AC30HW head up from $1300 to $1500 at Sweetwater. Rep said it's because cost of parts increase. Passed on the amp and got a PRS SE Hollowbody off Reverb instead

Spooky88

Reaction score
Price hikes (inflation) have already hit Sweetwater. Some gear Thats back ordered from July has gone up nearly 12%. Hope they don’t cancel my order and try to hit me at the new price.