Marshall Reverb 12, what is it worth?

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by WMBA, Jul 30, 2012.

1. WMBA

WMBA New Member

Hello, i got a Marshall Reverb 12 that my dads girlfriend had in her basement(i dont know why). But i now i need some money for a new guitar and i want to sell it, and i dont what it should cost. It seems like its out production. I have seen it on ebay for 450 dollars. But i am not sure what is a fair price. Is it a rare amp since its on ebay for 450 dollars? Please answer... Thank you :)

2. spiritdave

spiritdave New Member

Solid state 1x12 ... looking online, I've seen people saying they paid around $150. Not sure $450 is anywhere near it's true value man. Sorry to say.

3. thenoodler

thenoodler New Member

Yeah unless you made a mistake and it's a Studio 15 (tube amp), it's not worth much.

4. microhead

microhead Active Member

not even a 1x12, actually. 1x10. it's a Lead 12 combo with reverb. great sounding little amps, the Lead 12, but if it has two output jacks on the right side, it's based on the later model of Lead 12, still a nice sound, but worth less because the tone changed some. I bought mine for 95 (after shipping). i don't know whether they made them with the combination headphone/line out like the early Lead 12's or not. mine has the dual output jacks (and it's red). i'm guessing yours is black? prob like 100 bucks on ebay, 50 or less if you take it to a guitar center, less as a trade-in. sorry. and just because someone is asking 450 doesn't mean they'll get it. not really even that rare, unless you're not in the states, or europe.

5. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands Well-Known Member

Yeah, I dont see you getting 450. Not even their 100w bretheren sell that high.

6. joshuatree725

joshuatree725 Active Member

i bought Marshall 1x12 Reverb 30 for $100 on Craigs. Later old on eBay for $225.

If yours is Lead 12 Reverb, there is one on ebay for $400+ but no one is bidding on it. Most of Lead 12 go between $100-$150. With reverb maybe just a little more.