Marshall Origin Series Amplifiers

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like the revenge of the Class 5.
I dunno. The DSL5c has been remodeled, and I could never understand why the Haze and Class5 didn't have the same amount of love. I have a strange feeling this Origin series will be the same as the MA series...

Crunchifyable

Reaction score
I dunno. The DSL5c has been remodeled, and I could never understand why the Haze and Class5 didn't have the same amount of love. I have a strange feeling this Origin series will be the same as the MA series...
You have a point. Marshall is doing it again...creating too many lines.

It makes me wonder if they are taking what they learned from Steve D ( the Vintage modern, the astoria, and the class 5) and just repacking it all.

I suspect it will be another haze. No one will be raving over these. Friedman's beat them to it (and sounds better). They don't sound bad but don't sound great either. Maybe they just need the right speakers and guitarist.

The tilt seems suspiciously like the ISF on blackstar amps. Would be ironic if they took that back from Blackstar.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
Looks badass and sounds like old school Marshall with a little modern touch IMO. Far more interested in that then the DSL. That 50 watt head is listed at 560 pounds. If it retails in the US for $800, I'm buying one immediately.

I was just listening/comparing both the New DSL and the Origin, and I thought the DSL was the winner.
Might have to order one of each!

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see the gut shots of one of these...

mbell75

Reaction score
I was just listening/comparing both the New DSL and the Origin, and I thought the DSL was the winner.
Might have to order one of each!

I owned the last DSL100H and hated it. This one sounds a bit better but I like the sound of that 50 watt Origin head way more based off the one demo. Besides, I just bought a JCM 2000 DSL100 last night so I'm good on the DSL line. That 50 watt Origin will be a nice addition and wil fit perfectly between my Orange Rocker 30 and 2000

Micky

VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda like the smaller head version, but I am still searching for demos of it... Maybe thru a new cab? Any info on a new speaker line?

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
I owned the last DSL100H and hated it. This one sounds a bit better but I like the sound of that 50 watt Origin head way more based off the one demo. Besides, I just bought a JCM 2000 DSL100 last night so I'm good on the DSL line. That 50 watt Origin will be a nice addition and wil fit perfectly between my Orange Rocker 30 and 2000

Wish I had your money!
You go through your share of amps!
Marshall Code, Fender bassman, Orange Rocker, Marshall DSL, and now pondering another Marshall Origin, all within what....4 months!
Must be nice man!
Wish I had your money!

el_bastardo

Reaction score
Yep, and instead of 2 knobs to blend the jumped channels, you get one to blend in more of either.
Yeah it's like a permanently jumpered "Plexi" style preamp.

I gotta hand it to dumb ol Marshall, they might have made a winner. An old school basic classic style rock and roll amp that should stay true to who they are. We will see.