Marshall Origin 50c - popping when boost f/s pressed

vladivostock

Reaction score
hi, got an Origin 50c a few months ago, and until recently been using on Low output (ie at home).
I've now started gigging with it and using on the High output, however, i've noticed when pressing the footswitch boost i'm getting a popping noise.
Is this normal?

I first noticed it on my tubescreamer mini and mooer phaser, and as a result learnt about true-bypass pedals causing this popping phenomenon. ie doesnt occur with my buffered pedals like the tumnus.
So could it be a similar issue to this?

To begin with I checked all my cabling, upgraded from a couple of budget power supplies to a voodoo lab pedal power 3+, so i've ruled that out.
Plus, the marshall boost footswitch is not on any power so can't be related to that.

I also thought it could be my long cable runs with the FX loop - 5m from pedalboard to amp, then FX loop 5m each way too. so tried all FX going in front end but no difference.

just wondering if this is normal with my footswitch and pedals, or have i got a problem that needs resolving ?

Ps. 37

Reaction score
Just checked; no popping on mine when I press footswitch boost.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
hi, got an Origin 50c a few months ago, and until recently been using on Low output (ie at home).
I've now started gigging with it and using on the High output, however, i've noticed when pressing the footswitch boost i'm getting a popping noise.
Is this normal?

I first noticed it on my tubescreamer mini and mooer phaser, and as a result learnt about true-bypass pedals causing this popping phenomenon. ie doesnt occur with my buffered pedals like the tumnus.
So could it be a similar issue to this?

To begin with I checked all my cabling, upgraded from a couple of budget power supplies to a voodoo lab pedal power 3+, so i've ruled that out.
Plus, the marshall boost footswitch is not on any power so can't be related to that.

I also thought it could be my long cable runs with the FX loop - 5m from pedalboard to amp, then FX loop 5m each way too. so tried all FX going in front end but no difference.

just wondering if this is normal with my footswitch and pedals, or have i got a problem that needs resolving ?
Mine doesn’t pop, but mine are 50H’s
But that shouldn’t matter.
And Welcome to the forum !!

Mitch

Totengott666

Reaction score
Kinda off topic, but I had a 6505 1x12 and the crunch switch popped LOUDLY, and it got worse over time, it was finally popping so loud that it would make the snares on my snare drum rattle, took it to a supposedly very knowledgeable tech, he said he didn't know what was causing it, no one local would buy it because of the popping, ended up selling it to GC at a loss, thanks Peavey :/